Any Canadians have their pre-order ship yet?

SirMatt

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Me too. :( No mention of a refund for my express shipping charge. Also curious to see if my credit card gets refunded, and billed again on Dec14, or whether the existing charge will just stand.

jaygss

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Same here, got the email, used the 25$ to get a cheap wireless adapter (10$), although now I am wondering if I shall not cancel the order completely and get the 950XL instead...

It really pisses me off though that they send out shipping confirmations, charge credit cards and then change their mind. And worse is that their customer service doesn't know anything, the woman told me with 100% certainty that I will get my device in the next few days, since I have a shipping confirmation, and the delay in sending it is due to the fact I didn't take express shipping.

SirMatt

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Agreed, and a little transparency about the root cause would go a long way too. These devices are shipping in numerous other countries, and are available in some Cdn MS stores, so WTF?

Erwan James

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
Ended up having some free time while in Toronto visiting a friend. Went to the Eaton Center and picked up a 950 dual sim! They also had 950XLs in stock...for anyone in Toronto.

mapleguy

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
Also delayed - customer service reps said it was shipping for sure but then got that notice - card has been charged and no shipment - crazy

SirMatt

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Have you gone to the UPS website to track it? Are there any tracking details? Can you confirm that you're in Canada? When did you place your order? It would help the rest of us to know the details. Thanks.

jaygss

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Update from my end.

I contacted the Microsoft Employee that helped me with my Band 2 problem (got a wrong tracking number incl. charge on cc a few weeks early) and he told me that the shipments were held up due to trade clearance issues (whatever that means) and he authorized a refund (got the confirmation for that tonight) for my purchase and told me to order again (or he can do that also for me, since it is back to "email me when available").

Anyhow, wish I was in Toronto or elsewhere to just pick up a device directly instead of playing this waiting game...

alphaswift

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
Have you gone to the UPS website to track it? Are there any tracking details? Can you confirm that you're in Canada? When did you place your order? It would help the rest of us to know the details. Thanks.

Yes I have. The phone has moved from PA to VA so far. Yes, I'm in Canada (Ottawa). I placed my order on the 18th. The delivery date says the 1st ( absolutely no chance of that happening ) but I would expect it late this week.

SirMatt

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Thank you. Very interesting. A 950, non-XL? Did you ever get the notice of delay email the rest of us did? Express or standard shipping?

I'm in Ottawa too. Ordered on the 16th, paid for express shipping, label created but never arrived at UPS.

This gives me a little hope.

alphaswift

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
Thank you. Very interesting. A 950, non-XL? Did you ever get the notice of delay email the rest of us did? Express or standard shipping?

I'm in Ottawa too. Ordered on the 16th, paid for express shipping, label created but never arrived at UPS.

This gives me a little hope.

950. Yes on the delay message (See above). Standard shipping. I will add that I got the email at 1:10 in the morning, which I thought was weird. I doubt anything about my order was unique, so check your email in the morning.

seldzar

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
You know, if alphaswift gets his 950 from the 18th w/standard shipping before those of us that ordered on the 16th with express shipping I'm going to be rightly annoyed and be sure to type a sternly worded post!

I received an email from a sales rep relating to my open case (lack of shipping) saying it's going to be shipping soon but will take 5-7 business days.

This is to provide you an update regarding your order Microsoft Lumia 950. The package is being ship.
We are now processing the shipment and the delivery may take within 5-7 business.

seldzar

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Got home from work and it's here.

SERIOUSLY? I absolutely love how they have treated the people who ordered first and paid extra for fast shipping.

Mind boggling that they haven't simply worked these orders on a FIFO basis. Making me consider just cancelling the order.

jdmd1979

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Just got my shipping notification email at 1:20pm this afternoon. I pre-ordered on Nov 17th. Didn't pay extra for express shipping, but am sure hoping it makes it here by tomorrow so I can play with it this weekend!

piecho

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site
I just got a notification of a refund on my order that was made "at my request", but i made no such request. I pre-ordered on November 16th. This is frustrating, after 45 minutes on the phone with MS, my "case has been escalated".

Last edited:

SirMatt

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Wow, this is turning into a bit of a gong-show.

Still haven't heard anything new regarding my order on Nov16 +express shipping.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans