Any Canadians have their pre-order ship yet?

KrisYYC

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Just bought a 950 unlocked from the MS store here in Calgary. It's dual SIM. They only have black for the 950. The XL they have in both White or Black.

SirMatt

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I just got a notification of a refund on my order that was made "at my request", but i made no such request. I pre-ordered on November 16th. This is frustrating, after 45 minutes on the phone with MS, my "case has been escalated".

Any update? I just got the same email. I too did *not* request a refund. Also the refund amount is short about $11 from what I had originally been billed. WTF!

seldzar

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Refund notice here as well, what the hell is going on? wow!

I still have a tracking number so... with how it's been going so far, it wouldn't shock me to still have a phone show up and my money back.

also, my refund email is about $11 short of what I was billed.

SirMatt

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
OK, me too. Sounds like they refunded us the cost of the phone without refunding the express shipping upcharge. Incompetent.

seldzar

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
The fact that others are getting these emails, its short shipping costs, and we still have a tracking label makes me think this some back end system manipulation where they aren't actually going to refund but had to place a new order to initiate the shipping and thus require "refunding" the old order and balance the books.

Someone else said a while ago that they received a call shortly after their shipping notice where the MS rep said there was a problem with the order. They then cancelled it and placed a new one that would ship by the 14th. So I imagine this is some similar order system housekeeping.

Last edited:

Steve WWW

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
Just received my Lumia 950 shipping confirmation. I pre-ordered on 16th November, the order was cancelled and re-submitted on 25th November. It usually takes two or three days for the packages to arrive in my distant backwater Canadian locale (across the water from Microsoft HQ -- I'm in Victoria, BC).

Can't wait to received it, even if it barely works and has lots of bugs, as reported in these forums. Will fall back to a BLU Win HD LTE rocking 8.1 if there are any problems.

seldzar

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Does your shipping notification say more than "waiting for UPS"?

I still haven't seen any change in mine, no new email since the "refund" email last night. As well there is no return charge pending on my CC as of a few minutes ago.

I'm curious on the results of piecho's "escalated" case.

piecho

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site

I still haven't seen any change in mine, no new email since the "refund" email last night. As well there is no return charge pending on my CC as of a few minutes ago.

I'm curious on the results of piecho's "escalated" case.

No update yet - I haven't heard anything.

When I ordered by Band 2 in last month I also had shipping issues where they sent it out too early and the shipment was redirected to MS offices in Bellevue. When that case was escalated to "Microsoft Global Escalation Services" it took 2 days to get a response from them (they refunded my purchase, I had to place a new order online, contact them back with my order number to be moved up in priority). I suspect for the 950, I'll probably hear from them on Tuesday and have to do the same thing.

Last edited:

Steve WWW

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site

The order was shipped with FedEx and the order status at microststore.com says "order complete." That's consistent with when I ordered my Surface Pro 4: a UPS shipping label was generated and the state was "waiting for UPS," but the package arrived via FedEx. The Microsoft Store order state was "waiting for UPS" the whole time (I was starting to wonder what was wrong with UPS when FedEx delivered the SP4). Somewhat bizarre.

However, the FedEx web site reports the package status as "Shipment information sent to FedEx," so it's too soon to count my chickens.

Last edited:

BaritoneGuy

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I got my shipment notification yesterday and the phone arrived at my office today. I ordered on Nov 22. I bought one in store on the 29th and tried to cancel this to no avail. So now I have two of them :wink: They are both the dual sim models. I will return the second one as I am very happy with the one I picked up in store.

TechADD

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
My shipping notification arrived yesterday, I pre-ordered on the Nov. 16th

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android on my BlackBerry

SirMatt

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
My shipping notification arrived yesterday, I pre-ordered on the Nov. 16th

But you had your original order from the 16th cancelled, right? Then did you end up with a 2nd order#, and 2nd tracking#, or did your first tracking# from the original order just light up with tracking details?

seldzar

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I just received a customer service email saying my shipping should have been refunded already and my order has shipped.

I don't know if they're just not remembering whats happening and think the UPS tracking number on my order has shipped or they've created a new order for me and didn't bother to tell me of a new tracking number.

My tracking number still shows Ready For UPS. My bank shows no pending charges/refunds and I have no new tracking number or shipping email.

jaygss

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
The fact that others are getting these emails, its short shipping costs, and we still have a tracking label makes me think this some back end system manipulation where they aren't actually going to refund but had to place a new order to initiate the shipping and thus require "refunding" the old order and balance the books.

Someone else said a while ago that they received a call shortly after their shipping notice where the MS rep said there was a problem with the order. They then cancelled it and placed a new one that would ship by the 14th. So I imagine this is some similar order system housekeeping.

I actually got a refund on my credit card yesterday. So I think that I will need to initiate a new order like piecho said (and the exact thing I had to do to get my Band 2 as well) again to get my hands on a Lumia 950.

TechADD

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
It is my order from the 16th. It turns out my pre authorization for a PayPal transfer was cancelled, I'm not sure why. I didn't do it. Then I received an email ( on the 27th) from Microsoft saying there is a delay in shipping and the phone will ship on Dec 14. But now it will arrive on the 8th.

KrisYYC

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I actually got a refund on my credit card yesterday. So I think that I will need to initiate a new order like piecho said (and the exact thing I had to do to get my Band 2 as well) again to get my hands on a Lumia 950.

Do you live in a city with a Microsoft store? You can get them right from the store.

seldzar

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
It is my order from the 16th. It turns out my pre authorization for a PayPal transfer was cancelled, I'm not sure why. I didn't do it. Then I received an email ( on the 27th) from Microsoft saying there is a delay in shipping and the phone will ship on Dec 14. But now it will arrive on the 8th.

Did you get one of the refund emails some of us received yesterday?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs