Any Canadians have their pre-order ship yet?

SirMatt

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I hope so too, but Monday is the 14th. I've had no new emails, no new tracking number, and my CC hasn't been re-billed since being partially refunded. I can't bring myself to call and face the same ineptitude.

Last edited:

jaygss

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Good luck Jaygss.

I checked B&H and with duties and conversion the price would be the same. What I did find interesting is that the phone is available in white there.

At this point I wouldn't care if the phone was white or black from MS, just send me the damn thing.

So, it is here, it is the Mexican variant (not much different than the Canadian version I suppose. Dual Sim, white back (dont care very much since I plan to get a Mozo back- it is currently in a Nillkin-Flipcover).

I am glad I ordered it, since I am sure the 14th shipping date chez Microsoft is a bit utopic...

Edit: PS: I paid 815 CAD for it with regular shipping and abysmal conversion rate, the difference would not have been worth it for me not to get the Canadian version if it were available.

Last edited:

seldzar

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Jaygss, glad to see you got one, thats great! I hope you enjoy it.

My saga continues with a fresh new email this morning: Here is your refund as requested for $11.29.

So now I officially have ALL my money back, so I'm ok here if they never send me anything but for the love of god, I've never had such a hard time trying to give a company my money for the product they sold me.

ByeVanno

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Any of you guys know if any stores started receiving stock kinda want to ask my cousin in Edmonton to head over to the mall to pick one up for me but can't get any info on stock over the phone

seldzar

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Well, I wasted 40 minutes on the phone to only end up having to ask to have this issue escalated anyway since the solution was "just order again when it's available"

I'll "hear" something in 24-48 hrs. I suspect the same thing will happen with this "escalation" that happened previously in this thread "issue closed as resolved with no communication"

I think I'm now at the point of I no longer care. If the solution here is to order again when it's available, no thanks. Fool me once, shame on you and all that.

I've spent so much time, energy and effort on just trying to find out whats going on it's really turned me off.

SirMatt

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Nothing pisses me off more than when customer service tells me "there's nothing we can do". BS - yes there is, you're just choosing not to put any effort into it.

Still nothing on my end. Never received a refund notification for the outstanding $11. The 14th is quickly drawing to a close..

jaygss

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Even though I have my 950 from BH (Hardware great, software a bit early, autofocus of camera sucks though), I keep receiving the emails from Microsoft, the one I got yesterday was:

It's ... again withMicrosoft Global Escalation Services. I hope you're doing well.

We're still waiting on stockto be received to reorder the store. I'm keeping a close eyes on things andwill follow up by Thursday with more information.

Thank you for your patienceonce again.

I doubt the 14th as a shipping date holds, and once again the missing information from MS store is the worst offender in this case. I think any store can have a shortage of stock (even though, they should always make sure to fulfill all preorders by date imo) but the fact that at Microsoft store it seems like one hand does not know what the other does, it is very troubling.

I wish you guys the best of luck though. But the 950 is worth the wait, I am very impressed by the iris scanner, it is as fast the fingerprint scanner of the iPhone 6 but works more reliable (almost all lighting conditions no problem).

SirMatt

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Well, I wasted 40 minutes on the phone to only end up having to ask to have this issue escalated anyway since the solution was "just order again when it's available"

I'll "hear" something in 24-48 hrs. I suspect the same thing will happen with this "escalation" that happened previously in this thread "issue closed as resolved with no communication"

I think I'm now at the point of I no longer care. If the solution here is to order again when it's available, no thanks. Fool me once, shame on you and all that.

I've spent so much time, energy and effort on just trying to find out whats going on it's really turned me off.

Any update on your case, since the last escalation?

Still nothing on my end. No communications, and still short $11.

SirMatt

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Finally broke down and contacted support.

Abby: I have your order and I can see you ordered Microsoft Lumia 950 - Unlocked.
Abby: It shows the item is stuck to be processed in delivery. So what our internal team do is just process a refund for your order instead.
Abby: Since the charges has been refunded, you can just placed a new order.
You: The charges were only partially refunded. Has my order been canceled? I was never notified of that. I was notified my order was delayed until Dec14.
Abby: Let me check.
Abby: Oh, I can see the shipping fee hasn't credited yet. Let me just process the refund for your shipping fee.
You: No
You: Please don't make any changes
Abby: It will take 5-7 business days for the charges.
You: I do not want to lose my priority sequence
You: I do not want a refund. I would like my phone.
Abby: My apology, but the order has been refunded already because it has been stuck in process for a long time.
Abby: As a compensation, I will give you a $20 discount for purchase on Microsoftstore.com
You: That may be, but there are no phones available to purchase today, and I was one of the very first to pre-order on Nov16. I don't want to lose my priority in line.
Abby: I understand how you feel.
Abby: However, since the charges was already refunded, the order is no longer available to be process. What we can do is to process a new order once the product has been back in stock.
You: Unfortunately that is unacceptable. I was never notified that my order was canceled. To the contrary, I received a notification telling me to wait until Dec14. Simply going to the back of the queue will not work.
You: Could you please escalate my case?
Abby: The only resolution for this case is to just create another order once the item been back in stock. You can use the $20 code I'll be giving to you when placing the order.
You: Can you process a new order for me today?
Abby: The item is currently not available.
Abby: I cannot process your order today.
You: Therefore, could you please escalate my case?
Abby: Even I escalate your case, the only resolution is to placed a new order once it becomes available using the $20 code that I'll be providing.
You: I understand that is the information you have available to you right now. I believe there is additional information, since I received a notification to wait until Dec14. At no point did I request to cancel or refund my existing order.
You: Please escalate my case.
You: I would like to ensure that my new order is processed in a priority sequence.
You: I think that's only fair, after having waited this long
Abby: I will try my best, but I cannot guarantee that our escalation team will take your case since we already provided you a resolution.
You: Unfortunately you did not provide me a resolution. A resolution would be a Lumia 950.
Abby: You can process the order once the Microsoft Lumia 950 - Unlocked been back in stock.
You: Please escalate my case. I would like to be given a priority sequence in the queue. That is only fair, since I did not request my order from Nov16 to be canceled or refunded.
Abby: I'll do my best and update you if the case will be accepted by our escalation team. Here's the Case Number of the chat #########. In case you need further assistance, visit Microsoft Website and provide the Case Number.
You: How will I be contacted with progress updates?
Abby: I'll send you an email follow up once I get an update.
You: If I don't hear from you in a day or two, how can I reach you to request an update?
Abby: You can contact us back and provide your case number. Please give us 24-72 hours to check if we can escalate your case to our higher level of support.
You: OK. Will you also email if it is not accepted?
Abby: Yes. If not me, my supervisor will do give you a follow up regarding your case. :)
You: Thank you. Please do your best. I have waited a full month now.

SirMatt

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Decided enough was enough, and called in a favour from a colleague (ironically enough a MS employee) who is onsite at a customer's near the West Edmonton Mall. He popped into the MS Store there and picked up the last L950 for me. Even got a 10% off employee discount.

ByeVanno

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Decided enough was enough, and called in a favour from a colleague (ironically enough a MS employee) who is onsite at a customer's near the West Edmonton Mall. He popped into the MS Store there and picked up the last L950 for me. Even got a 10% off employee discount.

Umm when did he go? I think ill do the same thing

SirMatt

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I asked to speak to the manager, and gave them a quick overview of the run-around I received from the online store over the last month.

jaygss

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Good call!

MS store canada is probably the biggest mess have seen acting as an online store in my life... Both my band 2 order and the 950 were badly messed up by those guys...
I am curious though when they will have the 16th november preorders ready..

SirMatt

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
If I'm to believe the support agent, once the order has been refunded they're no longer actively working to fulfill it. Conversely I've never been notified that my order was canceled. So, who knows.

seldzar

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I've given up putting any more energy into this. I simply will live without the phone for now.

I love how they didn't cancel the orders, refunded everything, yet my store account clearly shows a complete order with a tracking number. Then you have Steve WWW who indicated he received a refund email even though he has the phone.

I certainly hope he sees a refund come through. And I certainly hope someone will fulfill my order and not bill me again. But as I said, I'm not chasing it down anymore.

What the hell happened here?

Edit: Also, I would never believe a single thing the customer service teams tell me.

SirMatt

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Another unhelpful update from MS, as there are still no phones available:

Hi Matt,

This is Abby, from Microsoft Store Support Team. Just to give you an update with your case, we tried to escalate your case to our higher level of support, but it wasn't escalated. What we can do now is just placed a order using the $20 that we will provide to you. Please let us know if you have any inquiries with your case. For your reference, here's the Case Number of the chat #########. In case you need further assistance, visit Microsoft Website and provide the Case Number.

If you have further questions, please feel free to chat us back or contact us at 1-800-642-7676.

Again thank you for choosing Microsoft Store and have a wonderful day! :)

Sincerely,
Abby Y.
Consultant | Microsoft Store

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss