Mozo Cover

Skyway

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the link. It looks nice, but I don't know about $65 nice. I'll probably wait to see who else makes some and if the mozo's are the best ones, then I'll scoop one up when they are cheaper.

zombie0

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for sharing the video. I've got an order pending for the Mozo black leather back for my 950. I've not yet received mind, but I predict that I'll like that it keeps a flat edge, allowing the phone to stand upright on its edge. It's a bit of a shame that Mozo decided their logo should trump the Microsoft logo. I would have preferred to have an embossed Microsoft flag (but obviously the AT&T logo won't be missed).

I would pay a premium for an actual aluminum or magnesium frame. But I understand this is maybe aluminum plated plastic?

zombie0

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
It's vacuum formed metal over polycarbonate, not plated. It's a different process.

Cool. I'm genuinely interested since I've not yet received mine: does that affect its appearance and/or feel? From the video, it looked pretty convincing as "metal."

Skyway

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
Cool. I'm genuinely interested since I've not yet received mine: does that affect its appearance and/or feel? From the video, it looked pretty convincing as "metal."

In the video, they guy said it didn't really feel like metal. But he said that it felt better than the OEM cover.

uw

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
although the brown leather isn't my thing, i think it significantly changes the look of the phone.. more 'premium'.. can't wait to see other offerings from mozo or other 3rd party, especially the metal cover i've read about..

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Despite the promo pics, the "metal" in this video just like the guy says, doesn't appear to be real metal.. It looks like cheap and fake metallic glossy plastic. Hopefully it looks better in person.

I hope MS makes some official colored covers. Maybe even some real aluminum rimmed ones to show the evolution from the 925, 830 & 930

astondg

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
The photos and the video make it appear as though the Mozo cover sits higher above the flash (and maybe camera) than the stock cover, as though there is a lip between the flash and cover. I think that makes it look more like a case than a cover. I don't like the way it looks and I wonder if it has any impact on the flash? But maybe it's just illusion or the stock cover has the same thing.

Edit: I mention this because I otherwise like the cover and I'm considering one for my 950 when it arrives.

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Although the leather looks really high quality inn this. It's just not my preferred taste, but that may change

Last edited:

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
The photos and the video make it appear as though the Mozo cover sits higher above the flash (and maybe camera) than the stock cover, as though there is a lip between the flash and cover. I think that makes it look more like a case than a cover. I don't like the way it looks and I wonder if it has any impact on the flash? But maybe it's just illusion or the stock cover has the same thing.

Edit: I mention this because I otherwise like the cover and I'm considering one for my 950 when it arrives.

I noticed that too.... I really like the IDEA of these cases, but I'm just not into the leather or the metal. The rim looks so reflective and cheap, like they just wrapped the sides in aluminum foil...

finalrelief

May 16, 2016
Visit site
how do you take care of your leather bags or shoes? should be same or similar,
and try not get it wet, or dry it fast if you did.

I was wondering because I did not want any of the color to wash off when I cleaned it...I wasn't sure if it was 100% real leather either.

Mozo sent me this:

"Hello,

Thank you for your e-mail and for your interest in our products. You can try to wipe the surface of the leather with a humid cloth. Also you can apply a little bit of beeswax or some other natural leather treatment product.

And about the brown leather in general: The brown leather has its’ natural color and it is not dyed, but manually waxed, the cover tends to get the "tainted" cognac look after a while. Nowadays we hold the mobile phones all the time, especially in comparison with other objects. The touch of our hands to the phone is almost permanent, thus the sweat, humidity and other natural chemical reactions of our body have an effect on the cover.

If you have any further questions, I'm happy to help.

Best regards,
Ulla
www.mozoaccessories.com"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3