Text messages from 837401 - Microsoft

loko ino

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Ever since I have set up the 950 I get these texts messages from MS about security with code in it, not sure how to get it to stop.
The text is from the number 837401 and has a link in it to Why is Microsoft texting me? - Windows Help followed by what looks like a 7-digit number. Not sure what to do, have gone though my security settings over and over again. Just want to stop getting these texts and not sure what I am accessing to get them as they don't pop in my notifications when they come in. Anyone else getting having this issue can help me resolve this?

VineRider

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like you have two factor authentication setup. Login in to your microsoft account, go to security settings, and turn off two factor authentication. However, I personally would keep this turned on as it is a good security feature.

BaritoneGuy

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
It is to verify the phone as a trusted device. I am surprised it didn't direct you to a web page to enter the code to verify the device. Try logging into your MS account via edge on the phone.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You need to validate your device as trusted under your Microsoft Account. I get this when I swap SIM between phones. Same phone number, different IMEI.

Check your Microsoft Account in a browser > Devices tab and look for this new device. Make sure the info is accurate.

Then visit here: Trusted devices: FAQ - Microsoft Help

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett