Motion, Microsoft Health

mcheiron

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I wonder if I am the only one who does not get steps counted in Microsoft Health? I turned the sensitive mode on in motion settings, but still nothing.

Is that still a bug of this version of windows 10 or just my 950?

Thanks for your help

mmihalko

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site
Just looked at mine and noticed the same thing. Go to Windows Health, settings, devices and click on phone. Turn ON motion! LOL WTF Microsoft...can we use a little common sense here??

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Mine was already set, but it was a restore from an 830. Seems just like the desktop version of Windows 10, not all settings are where they should be.

lsquare

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Does Microsoft Health for Lumia 950 also keep track of numbers of stairs climbed? The Apple Health app for iOS keeps track of the number of stairs climbed by using its integrated barometer.

TexasLabRat

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
Just looked at mine and noticed the same thing. Go to Windows Health, settings, devices and click on phone. Turn ON motion! LOL WTF Microsoft...can we use a little common sense here??

Not everyone wants motion set on by default (privacy issues). MS can't win.

TexasLabRat

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
Are you responding to my post? The Lumia 950 requires a Band 2 to keep track of the number of stairs climbed?

As Jon noted..yes the band 2 is required for stairs due to it having a barometer which is lacking in the phone itself. However, the phone's built-in motion sensor will keep track of steps, and will treat stairs as steps. It just won't know that you were going up/down vertically. So...it's not "required" per se...if you are willing to forgo the more accurate calorie burn calculation that taking the elevation changes into account can give you.

Blashkyrk

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
And yet it can't keep track of stairs?

Don't know (and don't really care either).
I was just correcting the statement above about the phones not having barometers.
The sensors are Iris scanner, Ambient light sensor, Accelerometer, Proximity sensor, Barometer, Gyroscope, Magnetometer, SensorCore.

Mike Allred

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
I may be blind, but under "Device settings" I only have "Add a Band". I don't see any way to add my phone. I'm in the "Microsoft Health" app on a 950 phone.

Mike Allred

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
I have a similar question. Which is: How often does the app update my steps? It seems to be updating very rarely. My buddies at work who have iPhones and Android have apps that update instantly (or close to it). Can I change how often it updates or force an immediate update?

astondg

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I set this up (both in the OS 'Extras' settings & in the Microsoft Health app) on Monday when I got the phone. No steps were recorded for the whole of Tuesday. Tuesday night I toggled the Motion Data setting in the Microsoft Health app and rebooted the phone (in between going from on to off and back to on again) and now this morning, Wednesday, I have some steps recorded so hopefully it's all ok now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb