950 + Original Band / Cortana

pallentx

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I cant use Cortana from my Band with my new 950 - same as with my 1020 running Windows 10 and the Band. Is it the same with the Band 2? Any word on a fix?

pallentx

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I seem to also be having general Bluetooth connectivity with my Band. it will connect, then immediately disconnect. Anyone else use an original Band with their 950?

Aaron Graves

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm using the original band with a 950. I had issues using Cortana on the band to send a text, but haven't thought much about it since.

I've experienced the bluetooth connectivity issue you mention before, on 8.1 and on 10. It boiled down to re-pairing the band with the phone, which seemed to fix the issue for me.

pallentx

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
As I look at this further, it looks like Bluetooth is working even though it doesn't show connected on my phone. I have notice the same phenomenon when I connect my phone and Surface tablet. It connects and immediately disconnects on the phone (or appears to), but functionality like Bluetooth assisted hotspot/connection sharing initiated from the Surface still works. This may be a "feature" of the new low power Bluetooth. Cortana, any voice interactions or any ability to reply to messages, even with the keyboard do not work, however. Kind of a bummer that the latest phone doesn't work completely with MS' own devices.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett