Text Message Transfer from Lumia 920 to 950

scottwallace5

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Hello everybody,
I, like several others are having issues with getting text messages from the cloud onto my new Lumia 950 which I've had for about 4 days now. As of this moment it's still stuck from January 2013 and it hasn't taken this long before so it could be a server side that's been causing the issue. So I tried using the Transfer My Data app to transfer text messages and whenever I pair them it doesn't allow my Lumia 920 to transfer texts only contacts. Is that because it's using an old Bluetooth that doesn't allow transfer, but I paired it the opposite way and it transferred over my Lumia 950 texts onto my 920 -_-. So I tried using the contacts+message backup app by uploading the text backup using OneDrive and then downloading that onto my Lumia 950 but that wouldn't work either since the restore option was grayed out. So ANY help would be appreciated, or a step by step guide of how someone did theirs using the contacts+message backup app or with the Transfer My Data app would be great. It's really frustrating, thank you!

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
After 4 days, I was still on November 2014. Tuesday night, within a 30 minute period, it caught up a full year! Not sure if I did something to make a difference or not, but I am happy that all my txt's from 2013 and up are back!

scottwallace5

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
After 4 days, I was still on November 2014. Tuesday night, within a 30 minute period, it caught up a full year! Not sure if I did something to make a difference or not, but I am happy that all my txt's from 2013 and up are back!

Yah I typically leave my WiFi on all night, but I guess it's just a waiting game. Thanks!

big_tweeties

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Did you guys ever get your texts back?

I had my texts on backup on my 920 but I was only able to retrieve a select SMS from 2013 on my 950. Is it best to start fresh or a restore?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss