Phone get very warm while streaming

BSobotta

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
My 950 gets uncomfortably warm while steaming or downloading large files. The screen gets warm and I'm thinking that it can't be good for the phone. I think it might be my case holding the heat in. Gonna try it today without the case and see how warm it gets. I normally get a tpu case which I think can generally disperse heat better.

Anyone else experiencing this?

BSobotta

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: Phone get very warm while steaming.

Ok after some testing I have come to the conclusion it's the apps and not the phone. Some apps cause excessive heat while downloading it steaming while others create little to none. I think I'm just going to get a more ventable case to keep it cool 😎

Skyway

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: Phone get very warm while steaming.

Microsoft is fully aware of how hot these phones can run. They are within spec and will be ok. My phone really doesn't get warm anymore, it did at first though. Edge and charging seem to heat up the most, but even then it's just warm and nowhere near hot or uncomfortable.

BSobotta

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft is fully aware of how hot these phones can run. They are within spec and will be ok. My phone really doesn't get warm anymore, it did at first though. Edge and charging seem to heat up the most, but even then it's just warm and nowhere near hot or uncomfortable.
The apps get the phone very hot. I mean to the point that it's almost to hot to touch. I'm hoping the apps will update for Windows 10. I think it's the way that the app handles background transfers that cause it to heat up.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos