Tons of bugs/battery issues with the 950/Windows 10, what can I do?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Tons of bugs/battery issues with the 950/Windows 10

Is it just me or are other people who bought the 950 experiencing a lot of bugs? The battery has been the most frustrating for me so far. I've been reading the forums and have seen other people with this issue as well. I've had the phone for 4 days now and I was hoping it would "settle in", but today, for example, I woke up an hour ago, and after checking social media, emails, messages and news for maybe half of that time, I'm already down to 80%. I turned off Windows Hello already (which was very hit and miss to begin with, but I still shouldn't have to sacrifice one of the main selling points of the phone).

Other than the battery:

- The messaging app decides to not load repeatedly. It hangs on the loading screen and I have to restart the phone to access it.
- Loading things within apps themselves seems very sluggish. I was hoping that the updated internals of the phone would make it very zippy, but many apps are just a pain to navigate. Instagram and 6tag, for example, take about 5 seconds from launch to load the first set of pictures. Is this just poor optimization on the developers?
- Bluetooth syncing has been a pain. Trying to get it working with my car unit has been hit and miss. Syncing with the Band 2 constantly drops.
- I added an sd card a couple days ago, and the phone has repeatedly prompted me restart the phone to make it work

I could go on, but my point is, I was really looking forward to this phone and I'm wondering if it's just the device or not. I know a lot of the bugs are on the software side, but is it worth exchanging it for another unit? Are other people finding a lot of bugs? Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos