Where the white unlocked Lumia 950 at?

Maxwell Fong

May 4, 2014
Visit site
I've been longing for a Windows 10 mobile device for ages and finally the day has come. My hand is a bit too small to use the Lumia 950 XL (I tried it at a physical Microsoft Store), so I'm definitely getting a Lumia 950. However when I tried to pre-order it on the U.S. online store, only the black option is available for the unlocked model.

Where is the white option!?!?

The camera ring on the Lumia 950 is already quite ugly, and the black option makes it look worse. I notice that Microsoft Stores in other countries provide the white option, and even the promotional image on the website has the white option! So I really want to know if the white unlocked model will ever come to the U.S., or do we have to live with what we got? Or will official covers be released later so that users can change between black and white covers for their Lumias? And is there anyone else who also need the white unlocked Lumia 950?

Billy Cantor

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
Hi Maxwell,

Yeah, Microsoft has not put a white unlocked Lumia 950 up on the Microsoft Store website yet. If you really want one, I would call the retail store and see what they can do for you.

B&H is already offering the unlocked Dual SIM Lumia 950 in white over on their website. Although I am not sure if they're selling a US version or an international version. That isn't a big deal if you're going unlocked--but it's something to be aware of until they post more details.

Personally I recommend picking up the black-backed one, especially if you go for the AT&T version (with Visual Voice Mail, etc.). And then head over to Mozo accessories and pick up a white (or brown or red) leather cover.

jaygss

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Personally I recommend picking up the black-backed one, especially if you go for the AT&T version (with Visual Voice Mail, etc.). And then head over to Mozo accessories and pick up a white (or brown or red) leather cover.

Yeah, the white Mozo backcover looks nice! Although I'd go black because of it getting dirty with time..

just as a note (afaik), the white or black back cover can be removed completely, so underneith both models are the same.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo