Unable to email attachment from dropbox

Glenvis

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I have a new Lumia 950 with Windows 10 Mobile.
I got an email from a friend requesting a specific file. I have it on OneDrive so I clicked the paperclip and selected OneDrive. I quickly found the file, clicked on it and it showed "downloading". I clicked done and went back to my email. The file shows as an attachment and gives the size (36.6 KB). I typed a reply back to my friend and sent the file. He received it with no attachment. I tried it again, same response.
The only way I can seem to get this file to him is to open OneDrive, click select, select the file and go through the share sequence to email it. Not really user friendly.
What am I missing? Used to be easy in WinPhone 8.
I'd appreciate any suggestions that may be offered.
Thanks.

vhl71

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
I've been attaching files from my dropbox using luma 950 for a few days now. No issues. After reading your post, I tried emailing a file to my work address using my mobile. I received the email with the attachment. No issues on my side

Arnie Gess

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
I have the same issue with my email attachments using One drive. The documents show they were sent in the sent messages but the attachments are not showing up to my customers that are requesting the documents. This is very important for me to send attachments and the number one reason I bought the Lumia 950.

Is there a setting somewhere or perhaps an issue that needs to be fixed?

Otherwise I love the phone for the first couple of days.

Thanks in advance.

Arnie Gess

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the post about Dropbox. The attachments send and show up if pulling them from Dropbox but not OneDrive which seems strange.

So I guess I will use Dropbox instead of Microsoft's OneDrive :winktongue:

Glenvis

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, you are correct, my bad, had Dropbox on the mind when I created the title - should have said "Unable to email attachment from OneDrive".

John M Beauchemin

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
Sorry, you are correct, my bad, had Dropbox on the mind when I created the title - should have said "Unable to email attachment from OneDrive".

Just tried it out. I can successfully attach and send a OneDrive file via Outlook if I go to the OneDrive app, find the file, select it, and choose to share it via Outlook under the sharing options.

However, if I go to Outlook and try to attach a file from OneDrive, it is as you say. It looks like it is attached, but the recipient does not receive the file.

vhl71

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site

Yes. I can confirm this on my Lumia 950 as well. It downloads the file from OneDrive and shows in outlook as an attachment. But the recipient gets the email with no attachment.

These are major issues for a new phone. I wish there are some Microsoft techs in these forums so that these can be addressed right away. Otherwise people like me who have moved to W10 from other platforms will sell and go back.

Sent from mTalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon