Automatc display brightness

gentry33

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Could be. It seems to stay on for a while and then turns itself off. I haven't paid enough attention to when it occurs to observe what may be triggering this behavior. If you happen to notice point it out so it can be posted in Feedback.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
i've noticed that on mine. even with auto brightness on, it seems to stick at 50 or 75%. Even forcing it to 25% with auto-brightness off, after a bit it seems to get stuck at 50-75% again.

YKinase

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Brightness is definitely inconsistent on my Lumia 950 Unlocked. I set it on automatic brightness with 50% brightness. Often when I turn on my phone, the screen is very bright. I check the setting on the Quick Task (notification/whatever it's called) bar and it's set to 50%. Hold down on "Brightness" button and it opens the Settings->Brightness (just a shortcut I discovered that probably everyone knows). I turn off auto brightness and turn it on again, the screen dims. Yesterday, I could not get Auto brightness to stay on until a soft reset.

fuzzed1

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I can report the same on mine. I set it to 1% when I'm in dark places. Put the phone down and when I come back to it / past the lock screen it is bright again. Settings show 1% bit it is is bighter until I set it again. My guess is because I have auto turned on and it is overwriting my manual selection.

treeflip7

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
The brightness software is glitchy. If you have auto-brightness off and then go to toggle your brightness up via the action center the phone will freeze. If you hold the toggle, however, to jump into the settings and use the slider then you're fine. I also find that battery drain is heavy when auto is on.

Letros

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
The brightness software is glitchy. If you have auto-brightness off and then go to toggle your brightness up via the action center the phone will freeze. If you hold the toggle, however, to jump into the settings and use the slider then you're fine. I also find that battery drain is heavy when auto is on.

I've had it at 35% today and noticed a pretty significant improvement in battery life.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos