ATT Lumia 950 & Ford Sync, how can I get it working together?

pallentx

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: ATT Lumia 950 & Ford Sync, how can I get it working together?

All kinds of issues with my Mazda 3 in Windows 10. Music play drops and distorts frequently, I don't get the audio prompts for texts and cant reply with voice. Its seems related to the issues with my Band and W10. I can use Cortana or reply to texts, etc...

VineRider

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site

I have a Explorer and a Fusion, both with My Ford Touch. Both are working flawlessly with the 950. I did do the update on the Sync software when it was released back in October, so I'd definitely recommend doing that. No issues at all in my two vehicles.

Hoku001

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site

I have a Explorer and a Fusion, both with My Ford Touch. Both are working flawlessly with the 950. I did do the update on the Sync software when it was released back in October, so I'd definitely recommend doing that. No issues at all in my two vehicles.

Good to hear it's working for you. Curious, can you have your texts read to you while connected to you car...and can you reply using voice commands? With my 1020 and my Ford Sync (w/ MyFordTouch) this worked perfectly. With my 950, neither (reading/replying) works at all.

When it does connect, I've not had trouble with playing music. The connection seems steady with not pauses or drops.

VineRider

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: ATT Lumia 950 & Ford Sync

Yes, Cortana reads texts and i can reply, just as i could with my 830 and windows phone 8.1. All hands free and voice activated.

CMUchippewa

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site

I contacted Sync on their Twitter handle and they said the Lumia 950 isn't on their list of compatible phones that can use Sync. Strange how Sync is powered by Microsoft yet it isn't compatible with a Microsoft phone. I'm glad Ford has decided to dump Sync in their cars. I believe that change over will take effect in a few years, though.

Richard_Indy

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site

I had a 950 and set it up with SYNC in my 2014 Focus SE. It worked great. I returned the 950 because I had a chance to get the 950XL. It works just as well with my 950XL.

Hoku001

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site

I got the downloads from syncmyride.com - registered when I purchased the vehicle. There is an August and a December update to Sync. I download the update to a USB and install it in the car from its USB port. Automobile has to be running during the entire install.
You could also have a Ford dealer update the software.

UPDATE: So I finally had a chance to update my car, Sync with My Ford Touch, to the latest version. Thanks @anachrotech for the notice about the new software. It took a little while, but it was pretty easy to do.

I'm happy to report that my 950 is now working perfectly with Sync in my car (via bluetooth). It connects 100% of the time now, voice commands work when reading/replying to messages, and playing music is smooth.

So while I was blaming MS and Windows 10 for these issues, it's apparent that Sync shared part of the blame for its inability to hook up to my new phone. Glad that worked out. So anyone having trouble with their Ford and Win10 Mobile device, should also look into updating your car's software as well.

nyrnd1

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site

My issue is about 2 weeks old. I have My Ford Touch with my Lumia 950. My problem is that i no longer have the voice options, sound is very low, box pops up with no reply option. All software is updated on both devices. I have a Band 2. I'll try to shut that off. i have done most of the troubleshooting with Bluetooth. I am in Insider so i have the .63 software. I miss my interactive voice texting. Any thoughts?

Rowdy Bedsaul

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site

My wife's 950 worked fine until September 16, when the phone half stopped working, then in January 17 it stopped on the music streaming side too. I did a vehicle diagnostic on our 13 c-max and it says sync up. Had this happened to anyone ride?

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720