Rich Capture question.

MerlotC

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Are there supposed to be any different editing options with or without rich capture turned on?.....I don't see any.

Last edited:

MerlotC

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
I get an option to adjust with flash (when flash is on) only. Doesnt give me any hdr option with flash off. To be clearer, there is no edit with rich capture option. Maybe this is not part of the 950 camera software?

Last edited:

Con Georgiadis

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
I get an option to adjust with flash (when flash is on) only. Doesnt give me any hdr option with flash off. To be clearer, there is no edit with rich capture option. Maybe this is not part of the 950 camera software?

When you shoot against bright light, phone takes 3 pics.then you can edit rich caprure

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
After taking the shot and entering Photos via the thumbnail, try tapping the full size image after it is done processing. It's working on my 1520. Either with HDR or Dynamic Flash, I don't always see the "edit in Rich Capture" option right away. But tapping on the pic always brings it out.

You can not exit the Camera App or the chance to edit in RC is lost. You can edit everything that shooting session though. YMMV but that is how it is working on 8.1

wp_ss_20151207_0004.jpgwp_ss_20151207_0005.jpg

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
You can edit Rich Capture after the fact in WM10. Just go back into the Photos app and tap on the picture when it comes up full screen and click the banner at the bottom that says "Choose the best lighting".

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Note, you have to have rich capture turned on. It is on the control settings, where flash and change to front camera are. It is the magic wand option. Make sure it is on.
Rich capture also only works in certain lighting conditions. And as others have said, you go view the image and edit it after the fact.

MerlotC

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the advice everyone. Looks like its bugged on my 950 though. I was finally able to get the "choose best lighting" notice to come up only once but no adjustment came up when tapping on it and couldn't get it to repeat. Only works when I use a flash.

Also noticed that when I use the hardware camera button it takes two separate photos, one when I push the button and one when release. Only takes one photo when use the on screen button. Is this normal?

Edit: Soft reset (removing battery and sim and memory) fixed the camera button and rich capture is also working now!

Last edited:

rph2

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
I've been having this same problem with rich capture (L1520, W10M latest build). Flash adjustment works but HDR adjustment not.

However, I noticed that when I set the photo saving location to 'device' instead of SD-card, the HDR adjustment started working! Maybe the problem has something to do with the quality or data transfer speed of the SD-card? I'm using 64GB Kingston SDXC class 10 card. Haven't had any other problems with this card though...

MerlotC

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Regarding editing HDR, ya works now for me. When it kicks in there is the same "choose best lighting" option as with the flash. Not sure what lighting conditions it needs as it doesn't always happen.

Regarding the sd card. I got it to work with photos saved on the card (sandisk extreme pro 64gb, 95mb/s. Don't know if it matters but it was after I switched all photos over to the card (I had them split on device and card before).

Last edited:

Paolo Ferrazza

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Regarding editing HDR, ya works now for me. When it kicks in there is the same "choose best lighting" option as with the flash. Not sure what lighting conditions it needs as it doesn't always happen.

Regarding the sd card. I got it to work with photos saved on the card (sandisk extreme pro 64gb, 95mb/s. Don't know if it matters but it was after I switched all photos over to the card (I had them split on device and card before).

Rich capture only kicks in when it is needed, to get hdr just enable rich capture, disable flash, take a photo of a scene with bright areas and dark shadows. When there is a lot of difference between dark parts of the scene and bright parts then hdr should kick in.

BLKahuna

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the exact same problem. I can adjust the lighting in a photo taken with RC and the flash on but I get no HDR setting.

I've tried saving the photos to the phone (rather than SD) - fail.
I've tried soft reset after removing SD, SIM and battery - fail.
I've ensured that the picture includes bright and dark areas - fail.

Lumia 950 locked to AT&T.

avi_920

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
In Lumia 950, with build .29 and latest firmware, there is no HDR setting after shooting a pic with rich capture mode ON.

Only the lighting of the photo can be adjusted, when the photo is shot with the flash ON.

seldzar

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm on an 950 XL and i have the same issue on build .63. Pictures with no flash do not give me any hdr edit options. I've taken a picture with light and dark and you can see it process and change the picture but no edit options appear.

Paul Hoffeins

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
I'm having the same problem and nothing worked to fix it. Now there is the new update with HDR enforcing. Did this update solve your problem? Because mine still doesn't work.

BenLumia

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
I have Lumia 640, after this update, the Photo taken by my phone has low Quality, it used to have High Quality. This update just killed the Photo Quality which is main thing of Camera.

MikkoNev

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
Rich Capture doesn't seem to work with Sd-card I have similar issues with Lumia 640LTE W10M latest official release and when turned saving to the device it works fine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo