L950 shuts down by itself or blacks out the screen

Paul Tram

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I've seen three or four times where my L950 appears to be shut down. As in the screen is off and pushing the power button does seem to do anything. Eventually I hold down the power button for a while (more than 4 seconds, maybe 10 seconds) and the phone eventually plays a tone and reboots(?) itself.

Any one else seeing their L950 seemingly shutdown by itself? What is causing it and how do I fix it, if I can?

Last edited:

Blashkyrk

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I've seen three or four times where my L950 appears to be shut down. As in the screen is off and pushing the power button does seem to do anything. Eventually I hold down the power button for a while (more than 4 seconds, maybe 10 seconds) and the phone eventually plays a tone and reboots(?) itself.

Any one else seeing their L950 seemingly shutdown by itself? What is causing it and how do I fix it, if I can?

Experienced exactly that a couple of days ago!
The phone went all black and didn't respond at all. Ended up pulling the battery, forgot about soft reset.
After that it has been fine.

fpena911

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm running into this as well and it's irritating.

I am a part of the Windows Insider program so I should have the latest builds but something absolutely needs fixed as I've run into this issue about 3 times in the past week. My previous 920 never glitched like this.

fpena911

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Just happened again to me today.

Got in my car to drive home and clicked on my phone to check traffic reports. Phone was not responsive. Tried to turn it on about 10 times and finally gave up.

I then look down a couple of minutes later and see the Windows icon and notice it is rebooting. WTF?!?

wiredfin

Jan 27, 2016
Visit site
I have seen this problem WITH reboot once or twice. Without reboot few more times. Usually the screen just stays black and I can see the red light from iris-scanner and if I look at it I can hear the unlocking sound but the screen stays black/off. When I lock the phone again then glance screen comes on and I can press the power button and screen lights up normally.

YKinase

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
If had reboots before but now experience the blank screen and have to hit soft reset. On first firmware update (Dec release) running .71. 950DS

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa