outlook mail app

obakir

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I have so many issues with outlook mail app. So I think it deserves a separate thread. Sorry if these are covered already.

Except the common "the linked image cannot be displayed" problem, which basically makes the app useless for now, I think there is another problem. I have an live.com, and two gmail accounts that I have, and I use separate inboxes for those.

When I select emails in my live.com account the lower most button set reads: "delete" "move" "set flag".
When I select emails in my google accounts the lower most button set reads: "archive" "delete" "move"

As far as I know my gmail has no "archive" folder. Even if there is, why on earth would anyone want a different set of buttons? I keep on achieving emails instead of deleting them. And I have no idea where the emails go. Are there any user customization for these buttons?

Do you really read the names of the buttons before pressing them? Let's say you spend an extra second for reviewing the button names, if you don't organize these buttons in an intuitive way, and press 100 buttons per day. that is like 10 hours per year wasted time.

I think windows phone 8.1 email client was the best email client I ever used. Fonts/buttons/easily selecting messages. It was flawless. Why is it flawed in 10.0? I'm still a big fan of the phone but I don't understand how does a manager/developer approve this for release.

edit:
I figured what gmail does with "archived" emails:
"https://support.google.com/mail/answer/6576?hl=en"
I'm not a big fan of gmail interface either, there is nothing intuitive about this, what the heck is "all mail." All mail is my inbox, I want all mail in my inbox unless I move the them. Can google take it's hands off my email so that I can categorize them myself in a way which is meaningful to me, not to google. jeez. /rantover.

obakir

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
outlook just got an update. broken link problem is solved. But still the html style emails are not formatted correctly. Button set problem remains.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Have you reported the issues in the Windows Feedback app on your phone? It's great that you've identified problems, but Microsoft mainly looks at the feedback app for reported issues.

Sean N

May 19, 2014
Visit site
under label management on the gmail website, enable show allmail and check the show in imap checkbox. Should fix it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss