Lumia 950 Glance Screen won't work anymore

Hoff 07

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
The glance screen on my lumia 950 doesn't work anymore. It was working just fine and now it never comes up.. and now my phone won't even light up when I'm getting a call or text like it did before? Has anyone else fixed this issue somehow?

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
The glance screen on my lumia 950 doesn't work anymore. It was working just fine and now it never comes up.. and now my phone won't even light up when I'm getting a call or text like it did before? Has anyone else fixed this issue somehow?

You mean "has anyone had this issue?"

You wouldn't have happened to put a screen protector on it recently have you?

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes, the proximity sensors are real sensitive on these phones and some types of screen protectors have been known to interfere.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I have a screen protector on it. I tried pulling up each side of it to see if it would help and it didn't..

I'd take it completely off, wipe the screen clean with a soft cloth, and restart the phone. (Hold down power and volume down buttons together for about 10 seconds until it vibrates)

Then report back once Glance and everything is working again as it should.

Kevin Hosken

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site

I have the same problem with the 950xl, but when I opened it on Christmas, it already had a screen protector on it. Did taking the screen protector off rectify the problem?

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium