Getting 10586.29 Update

JohnStrk

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
The 10586.29 update is showing up now on my AT&T L830. And I have not reinstalled the Insider Preview app after a hard reset since upgrading to W10M (build 10586) for the 1st time last week. Weird!

So this is just a necessary cumulative update pushed to all phones regardless of carrier approval so that's why I got it. I probably wouldn't get the next big build update without installing the Insider Preview app again and rejoining the fast ring.

Would a hard reset be necessary for this 10586.29 update? I only installed Windows 10 Mobile build 10586 on my L830 for the first time last week with a hard reset and started fresh no restore. Not having any major issues but wondering if this new update is worth it right now? I'd rather not have to do another hard reset so soon or maybe wait until the AT&T approved L830 OTA update later this month hopefully. :asleep:

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Word of advise, this is something you may never get. Microsoft has never spoken about enabling it in a future update neither did they advertise it during the launch.
Thanks. If that's the case, I'll get used to single-touching the power button. At least my screen will stay cleaner. :wink:

And, indeed, this did not change with 10586.

robert peake

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
i downloaded and installed the update this evening on my dual sim, im based in the UK. i did the same in the store for checking on updates on the apps and outlook mail and calculator were the two downloads.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
950 XL Dual Sim on AT&T. AM not getting the update yet. About does not say anything about being on Windows Insider eventhough I have it loaded and supposedly activated on Fast Ring. Anyone with the 95o XL Dual Sim on AT&T getting it yet?

wizll

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
950 XL Dual Sim on AT&T. AM not getting the update yet. About does not say anything about being on Windows Insider eventhough I have it loaded and supposedly activated on Fast Ring. Anyone with the 95o XL Dual Sim on AT&T getting it yet?

I just did a phone update check on mine and it is downloading now. 950 XL from Microsoft on AT&T network (also on wifi).

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
I just did a phone update check on mine and it is downloading now. 950 XL from Microsoft on AT&T network (also on wifi).

I've tried it both with and without Insider and on data and Wi Fi; still nothing. If I don't have it by tomorrow, I'll do a hard reset and give that a try. Frustrating; phone is working beautifully other than this.

JdeFalconr

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the same boat - 950XL on AT&T. No update available.

My phone has not been working beautifully; I've been eagerly awaiting this first update in hopes it improves the situation. WP10 is decidedly buggy as hell. The Edge improvements are badly needed but the OS also needs some overall stability and performance improvements. Wi-fi tethering is hit-or-miss and I'm among the many people having difficulty connecting their 950 XL (but not any other devices) to some wi-fi AP's.

Don't get me wrong, I like this phone quite a bit. But its software is in dire need of polish.

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
The update went very smoothly. Took about 30 minutes. No hard reset necessary, no overheating, no waiting for all my apps to reinstall. This was a real in-place update. Doesn't surprise me because 1058 was very close to in-place (HTC One R.I.P.)

EMitchell

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
My update is going on right now and holy mackerel is my phone getting hot! My battery was a little low when I started, so I had it plugged in with the AC adapter that came with the phone. It downloaded the update, but wouldn't install until the battery was at 40%. So I just left it alone. When I checked on it, the install had started, but the phone was almost too hot to touch. I unplugged the AC adapter (battery icon looks pretty full), and it's starting to cool off. And as I was typing, the update completed. 10.0.10586.29, ATT without windows insider installed.

GudsFortapelse

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the same boat...950 XL on AT&T, and tried every which way aside from the recovery tool to get this update, and so far, nothing. It's frustrating and I am really hesitant on having to use recovery tool, since I have no idea if it's guaranteed to work that way either. If anyone finds a solution, or knows what the issue is, please post it and help us!!!

travisel

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Hard reset?

I live in Canada and have the Lumia 950 XL Dual SIM just tried updating still nothing!

Do I have to do an hard reset?

Has anyone in Canada receive 10586.29 yet?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb