Hairline Crack out of nowhere on 950, can this be fixed?

buffalosolja

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Hairline Crack out of nowhere on 950

Hello everyone my wife's 950 has an hairline crack on the screen which I cannot even feel. And it is slghtly on the bottom besel which can slightly feel. Her device is secured in a case since her initial drop when I got it for her on release day. But this hairline came out of nowhere, can this be fixed? Or do I need to do an insurance or hopefully warranty claim? Thanks guys for all your help.

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Too bad, buffalo. I also had mine since day one, and without a case. I got the Complete coverage to not worry about these things, and I don't see any option than to make a claim. No reason to wait, really. Good luck getting past this.

buffalosolja

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I got it through the carrier and only option was insurance. Mine you they tried to give me an extra one but my honesty wouldn't let me do it.

cracgor

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
The injury is a crack and not a scratch? I had my 1520 lower half the screen shatter for no reason... Like put it in your pocket and take out and it is out of commission. There is no fix other than relaxing the phone or the digitizer/screen. You can't even bug the scratches out according to corning who recommends contracting the phone purveyor.

tanders04#WN

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Might be worth trying for a warranty repair/replacement instead of resorting to the insurance.

I did it for customers when I was in a similar line of work. You can tell the difference between an abuse crack and a defect crack. Of course ymmv.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett