Secure SIM for AT&T Lumia 950

Brent-WP

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if the SIM that comes in the box with the AT&T Lumia 950 is a secure one? I had swapped out my micro SIM in my Lumia 920 for a secure one when SoftCard was released for it and I wanted to setup my Lumia 950 with a secure SIM so that it would be ready incase Microsoft releases their mobile payment option. Or is it possible that it may work with the SIM that comes with the phone.

tanders04#WN

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know if the SIM that comes in the box with the AT&T Lumia 950 is a secure one? I had swapped out my micro SIM in my Lumia 920 for a secure one when SoftCard was released for it and I wanted to setup my Lumia 950 with a secure SIM so that it would be ready incase Microsoft releases their mobile payment option. Or is it possible that it may work with the SIM that comes with the phone.
I'd guess that it is going to vary from store to store. I think most are only using secure sims at this point, but who knows if they grabbed an old one. If it has a grey corner you should be good to go.

Brent-WP

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I'd guess that it is going to vary from store to store. I think most are only using secure sims at this point, but who knows if they grabbed an old one. If it has a grey corner you should be good to go.

The sales rep at the store did not get a card for it. The card was already in the box and the box was sealed when they got the phone box out of storage and handed me the box so I assume the SIM card was placed in the box when it phone was boxed at the factory. The card that was in the box has a blue corner to the right of the orange strip on the bottom with the AT&T globe logo.

Brent-WP

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Do they have some kind of mark on the card to identify a secure SIM? You would think that would have "secure" or a pad lock icon on the card or something to identify secure ones.

Brent-WP

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
color could just be a color reproduction issue with the camera used. the gray spot i believe is the major factor.

All sims are in box, but SOMETIMES at the store a rep will open the box and pull the sim on they way back to the showroom. I strongly doubt any stores still have non-secure sims.

Brent-WP

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I think most are only using secure sims at this point, but who knows if they grabbed an old one.
It's been a few years since I worked for AT&T, but in my experience, the stores don't generally carry more than one SIM technology more than a few weeks after the newer technology launches, such as when we launched 3G, HSPA+, and LTE networks. At least corporate stores were required to ship back inventory of old SIM cards. For as long as I've had my current secure SIM, I doubt you would find any stores with the older ones still in stock.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99