12-19-2015 09:08 AM
101 12345
tools
    I may have found a workaround for the update issue: enable developer mode. That did the trick for me!
    this worked for me! I factory reset, hard reset.. messed with wifi.. nothing worked. As soon as i enabled developer mode it jumped from 0% to 27%.
    12-10-2015 01:19 PM
    Having the same issue. Entered dev mode but no luck. It also seems to prevent other store updates from being applied.
    12-10-2015 03:38 PM
    Please take a look at Jason's (from Microsoft) post on page 27 of this thread:

http://tinyurl.com/jo4ltr9

Apparently Microsoft is aware of this issue and is looking into it.
    12-10-2015 04:35 PM
    Mine was doing the same thing when I first got it and also wouldn't update any of my apps. I did a hard reset and all my apps updated, 10586.29 started downloading, and my phone didn't get hot anymore. Weird bug...
    12-10-2015 05:33 PM
    I have done 3 hard resets with no luck. might it be that im waiting too long after the reset to start the update?
    12-10-2015 05:43 PM
    After getting all these same errors on my 950 yesterday, I let it rest overnight, did a soft reset (want to avoid hard reset if possible), and retried the update, which ran successfully. :-) It took 45 minutes and the phone did get hot, but everything seems to be working fine now.

Hope MS learns from this and the next update goes much more smoothly.
    12-10-2015 06:51 PM
    Also got an error code the first time I tried downloading the update. The code was 0x8024a206 if that's any help?
    I got this same error as well

Edit: I ended up doing a factory reset and restore from Onedrive then went to bed. woke up in the morning and the update and all the store apps were installed.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    Last edited by Dangermouse7; 12-11-2015 at 07:52 AM.
    12-10-2015 07:55 PM
    Same error, due to issues syncing with the Band, I was wanting to avoid doing a reset on the phone.
    As previously suggested, I enabled Developer Mode. Update is currently downloading for me.
    12-10-2015 08:47 PM
    Got the same problem. Let the phone be for a couple of hours in the mode "something went wrong, we'll will try later... " Then after a soft restart, everything went all fine, update took maybe 30 minutes with no problems att all.
    12-11-2015 02:17 AM
    Same issue. Sporadic warnings even though loads of space, phone went from full charge to dead in about 4 hours, being uncomfortably warm most of the time. Lumiahelp on twitter advised me to hard reset, that went wrong somehow and I've now got a phone with almost nothing in the apps list, no home screen, and when I try and access settings, it tells me I've not got the app to do that. Extremely frustrating. Just be careful if thinking of hard resetting your phone that you don't leave it in the same useless state mine is in.
    If you haven't already fixed it, had that happen to me and used the volume button combo to hard reset again without going to settings and then phone has worked great since.

On topic: Had same "issue" 0% a while, hottest phones been (phone is never hot for me except during this update), and low storage notification... Even though got notification I just left the phone alone and it installed fine on its own after like 45 min.
    12-11-2015 03:17 AM
    I have been getting the same warnings before updating over the last 24 hours. I have 12.6 GB used out of 29.2. There seems to be no way to rid the phone of this bug, as of yet. I am currently trying to download the update. We will see what happens.
    A hard reset fixed it for me. Lost a lot of stuff but was worth it for the new build.
    12-11-2015 07:21 AM
    Is there a Windows Phone update? I keep getting this storage error and my phone has been running insanely hot along with battery drain.
    12-11-2015 09:35 AM
    Is there a Windows Phone update? I keep getting this storage error and my phone has been running insanely hot along with battery drain.
    I see there is, mine won't update either. Even after reset, volume and power/lock.
    12-11-2015 09:42 AM
    There are some apps .. Like storage cleaner and even Microsoft themselfs have released a cleaner for update process.... It's in store I'll hit u with the link in a while
    12-11-2015 09:59 AM
    There are some apps .. Like storage cleaner and even Microsoft themselfs have released a cleaner for update process.... It's in store I'll hit u with the link in a while
    Thanks! I had no clue about this update, just noticed my phone burning a hole in my pocket. It's stuck at 0% right now, will keep waiting like poster above.
    12-11-2015 10:02 AM
    Let the phone do it's work.
    else soft reset.. Make sure you are on WiFi 📶. N battery is about 60%
    12-11-2015 10:11 AM
    Make sure battery saver is off
    12-11-2015 10:13 AM
    Thanks, it is. Been about 20 minutes still stuck at 0%. I do have the phone plugged into my PC to avoid battery drain. Hopefully that doesn't cause issue. Is there a way to install this through Windows Phone app?
    12-11-2015 10:21 AM
    Not sure if they have fixed it. I made reset to factory settings -> no back up -> cancelled all store updates -> used wifi -> loaded like 2h 30min
    Phone was connected to charger. Up and runing =)
    12-11-2015 11:11 AM
    Finally received an error, saying I need 1.8GB of space, I only have 25GB or so, I see why this is an issue. (sarcasm)

I'm nervous to start the process again since it nearly fried my phone that past few days and the battery would last ten minutes. Do you think it's safe to try again?
    12-11-2015 03:19 PM
    I've been there for the past two days. Finally decided to hard reset my phone. Going on 2 hrs now through the process.

Painful. Not looking forward to it on my wife's and son's 950's as I don't know what they'll lose (the "backups" are only partial, let's not kid ourselves).

Personally also - I'm disappointed this hasn't been covered by Windows Central as a front-page article. You'd think with all the "950" hype they talk about, that they'd report on this MAJOR problem that us new 950 owners are experiencing. Sure, it's working for some people, but the number of hard-resets others are resorting to makes the ownership value pretty sad right now. How come this wasn't picked up by all those "Fast Ring" or "Slow Ring" users? Thought that was supposed to catch all this before release to full production folks.

Should've listened to those saying "Don't buy a first generation product!!" I held off on the first Band...should've done the same with this phone and the WP10 OS.

ENV
    12-11-2015 03:53 PM
    is it possible to do the trick like on desktop where you go in the update cache folder and blow everything out? I know that for the fall update, I had to blow it out on my desktop multiple times before it worked. Going to try this when I get home by hooking the phone (950 AT&T) up to the desktop and trying to browse the system folders the file explorer app won't let me see.
    12-11-2015 05:14 PM
    Just want to update everyone. Twice today my phone prompted me to re-enter my password to my MS account which is kinda strange considering I never logged out or anything.

Also, when I go to download the update now it says my phone is up to date even though it says I'm still running the OS version that came with the phone. Wonder if MS pulled the plug on the update?
    12-11-2015 07:17 PM
    Just want to update everyone. Twice today my phone prompted me to re-enter my password to my MS account which is kinda strange considering I never logged out or anything.

Also, when I go to download the update now it says my phone is up to date even though it says I'm still running the OS version that came with the phone. Wonder if MS pulled the plug on the update?
    Still not working but update is there. Now I actually watch it download. It prepares to install, gets to about 3% then right to 100% and throws me the low storage error. Lumia help's fix for everything is a hard reset. Pretty damn annoying. My work phone is a Galaxy S6. This had an update today. It asked me in the AM if I wanted to install and I said no, scheduled it for update at 8:00. Then this weird thing happened. It updated.

This is a major disappointment for me. I was excited about getting updates without carrier interference on my Windows phone. Should've known better.
    12-11-2015 09:40 PM
    Now I'm getting a new error.

(0x8024a203)
    12-11-2015 10:01 PM
101 12345