Low Storage Warning when Updating

BSobotta

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I have been getting the same warnings before updating over the last 24 hours. I have 12.6 GB used out of 29.2. There seems to be no way to rid the phone of this bug, as of yet. I am currently trying to download the update. We will see what happens.
A hard reset fixed it for me. Lost a lot of stuff but was worth it for the new build.

MS_DOS_3

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Is there a Windows Phone update? I keep getting this storage error and my phone has been running insanely hot along with battery drain.

9sag9

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
There are some apps .. Like storage cleaner and even Microsoft themselfs have released a cleaner for update process.... It's in store I'll hit u with the link in a while

MS_DOS_3

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
There are some apps .. Like storage cleaner and even Microsoft themselfs have released a cleaner for update process.... It's in store I'll hit u with the link in a while

Thanks! I had no clue about this update, just noticed my phone burning a hole in my pocket. It's stuck at 0% right now, will keep waiting like poster above.

MS_DOS_3

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, it is. Been about 20 minutes still stuck at 0%. I do have the phone plugged into my PC to avoid battery drain. Hopefully that doesn't cause issue. Is there a way to install this through Windows Phone app?

Lilliputti

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
Not sure if they have fixed it. I made reset to factory settings -> no back up -> cancelled all store updates -> used wifi -> loaded like 2h 30min
Phone was connected to charger. Up and runing =)

MS_DOS_3

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Finally received an error, saying I need 1.8GB of space, I only have 25GB or so, I see why this is an issue. (sarcasm)

I'm nervous to start the process again since it nearly fried my phone that past few days and the battery would last ten minutes. Do you think it's safe to try again?

evillama

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I've been there for the past two days. Finally decided to hard reset my phone. Going on 2 hrs now through the process.

Painful. Not looking forward to it on my wife's and son's 950's as I don't know what they'll lose (the "backups" are only partial, let's not kid ourselves).

Personally also - I'm disappointed this hasn't been covered by Windows Central as a front-page article. You'd think with all the "950" hype they talk about, that they'd report on this MAJOR problem that us new 950 owners are experiencing. Sure, it's working for some people, but the number of hard-resets others are resorting to makes the ownership value pretty sad right now. How come this wasn't picked up by all those "Fast Ring" or "Slow Ring" users? Thought that was supposed to catch all this before release to full production folks.

Should've listened to those saying "Don't buy a first generation product!!" I held off on the first Band...should've done the same with this phone and the WP10 OS.

ENV

iceguy31

Dec 11, 2015
Visit site
is it possible to do the trick like on desktop where you go in the update cache folder and blow everything out? I know that for the fall update, I had to blow it out on my desktop multiple times before it worked. Going to try this when I get home by hooking the phone (950 AT&T) up to the desktop and trying to browse the system folders the file explorer app won't let me see.

bacardi1519

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
Just want to update everyone. Twice today my phone prompted me to re-enter my password to my MS account which is kinda strange considering I never logged out or anything.

Also, when I go to download the update now it says my phone is up to date even though it says I'm still running the OS version that came with the phone. Wonder if MS pulled the plug on the update?

MS_DOS_3

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Just want to update everyone. Twice today my phone prompted me to re-enter my password to my MS account which is kinda strange considering I never logged out or anything.

Also, when I go to download the update now it says my phone is up to date even though it says I'm still running the OS version that came with the phone. Wonder if MS pulled the plug on the update?

Still not working but update is there. Now I actually watch it download. It prepares to install, gets to about 3% then right to 100% and throws me the low storage error. Lumia help's fix for everything is a hard reset. Pretty damn annoying. My work phone is a Galaxy S6. This had an update today. It asked me in the AM if I wanted to install and I said no, scheduled it for update at 8:00. Then this weird thing happened. It updated.

This is a major disappointment for me. I was excited about getting updates without carrier interference on my Windows phone. Should've known better.

ricksutliffe

Dec 12, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the same issues regarding the inability to download the as described in this thread, AT&T Lumia 950, the low storage warning, the Windows 10 update hung at 0% for 1/2 a day, full battery and good WiFi connection. Power cycling phone, adding a 64GB SD card, and removing battery doesn't change anything.Phone seems stuck here, unable to cancel the Windows Update. All Store downloads are stuck at "pending"

tmoore71

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
I know this isn't a perfect solution, but I had the same problem on my AT&T 950. I did a hard reset, restored from my account info, and voila, the update and apps that were hung in the store downloaded and installed.

halflifecrysis

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
***FIX*** - For users of other Lumia phones who at one time was in the preview program who are having issues with XXX.29

We think phones that took Insiders build 10586.11 and then hard reset or left the Insiders program are getting offered 10586.29 from production and not an Insiders ring. So, why the error? We published 10586.29 differently to production (differentials) than we did to Insiders (canonical) and could lead to the error you're hitting.

How to fix?

Try this: go back to Windows Insider app and select a ring. Re-check for OS updates as you should now get the update from Insiders (instead of production) and we hope this then resolves the issue for you.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs