Low Storage Warning when Updating

MS_DOS_3

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
***FIX*** - For users of other Lumia phones who at one time was in the preview program who are having issues with XXX.29

We think phones that took Insiders build 10586.11 and then hard reset or left the Insiders program are getting offered 10586.29 from production and not an Insiders ring. So, why the error? We published 10586.29 differently to production (differentials) than we did to Insiders (canonical) and could lead to the error you're hitting.

How to fix?

Try this: go back to Windows Insider app and select a ring. Re-check for OS updates as you should now get the update from Insiders (instead of production) and we hope this then resolves the issue for you.

I was in insiders program briefly on my 1020. Never joined on my 950. Could this still fix this for me?

If I do a full reset will this update load during setup? I'm oh so sick of reseting my Windows Phones. Since these require full resets so often Microsoft should offer better backup and restore options via an app in Windows 10.

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
My wife's phone has this and it's driving her crazy. We've tried pulling the SD card, flipping to developer mode and back, and joining insider and leaving insider program. It all seems to stem from this weird storage bug. She has only 9Gb used on her phone, the SD card has 500Mb. Any new news?

MrWakett

Dec 11, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys, I dont have a problem updating, but I am always receiving the notification that im low on storage despite having only used 13 out of 29.1GB - its pretty annoying and there is no way to just disable that message?

MS_DOS_3

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Got the app, installed. Trying it now. Not hopeful, as soon as I launched the app crashed and said something went. Relaunched now stuck at cleaning temporary data for at least 5 minutes with no progress. I'll let it do its thing.

Why 25GB of space is not enough is beyond me. Still holding out hope for WaaS though.

Baobab79

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
I did hard reset on my 950XL and that resolved the "Low Storage" problem. Although I don't see the update, so I wonder if MS pulled it for being buggy?

knackwurst

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
So how can we get ahold of UpdateAdvisor if one of the problems you're facing is that store downloads aren't working? It can't be found directly in the store, but using the links in this thread, it is now the third pending app download in my queue. Nothing I have tried gets these moving again.

I'm finding this thread very interesting because I'm having a lot of the same issues, particularly warnings about space when there's plenty, with a 200GB card added. However, when I check Settings --> System --> About, it shows I'm still on 10586.0 - am I hopelessly behind here? Been using this phone since release day and the problems just started this week. Seems to conincide with finally turning on the Windows Hello feature, which just isn't working at all and does weird things I can't make stop.

bedlamboy77

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
I finally got the update after a hard reset, but thinking all my configs would get in the way, I opted not to sync my backup on startup, believing I could do it after reset. However I'm not finding a way to restore from my backup. Do I have to reset it again? I surely hope not.... Can anyone tell me how to restore my backup without resetting again?

Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NunezGuad