Low Storage Warning when Updating

dinkatoid

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
The update today started downloading at my phone (still at 0%) and the phone started to get really hot. When I looked at it, it said I had low storage and needed to make some space for the update. However, the storage shows I am only using 7 gigs of space, so I have plenty left. Anyone else getting this error or know how to fix it?

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I got the same warning, but not when I saw doing this update. It installed just fine for me. However, I've been getting warnings that I'm near my data limit. Windows seems to be including WiFi activity in my data usage.

bacardi1519

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
I have the same issue. The update downloads (albeit it stays at 0% for like 10 mins) and then it goes to "preparing to install." it almost finishes and then it gives the low storage warning and cannot complete the install. It recommends I delete some programs but I've got over 20 gigs free available space on my device. Not using an SD card. Any help would be appreciated.

edit: Using an AT&T Lumia 950

Last edited:

wlabar

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting the same error, ever since I began trying to update phone. Plenty of memory left only using 7 gigs of space

J4M3S0N79

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
Same situation here. Leaving it overnight seemed to have stopped the battery warming issue.

Now it says there are no updates but my phone is not showing the latest version was installed.

Still says low storage warning when I reboot.

Robin Weston

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
Same issue. Sporadic warnings even though loads of space, phone went from full charge to dead in about 4 hours, being uncomfortably warm most of the time. Lumiahelp on twitter advised me to hard reset, that went wrong somehow and I've now got a phone with almost nothing in the apps list, no home screen, and when I try and access settings, it tells me I've not got the app to do that. Extremely frustrating. Just be careful if thinking of hard resetting your phone that you don't leave it in the same useless state mine is in.

bacardi1519

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
Wow, that sucks. MS better get an answer for this. Just to play along my phone said it needed an additional 1.8 GB's to complete the download. I deleted 2 GB of music, pics and apps and started the update again. It now says it needs 1.79 GB's of free space so deleting content to make space doesn't work either.

Nubwy

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
I have been getting the same warnings before updating over the last 24 hours. I have 12.6 GB used out of 29.2. There seems to be no way to rid the phone of this bug, as of yet. I am currently trying to download the update. We will see what happens.

TbouncerT

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
I was getting that message last night. but today it hasnt come up yet. The update is still at 0% and is killing my battery. When will it finish downloading? I've tried all i could think of besides doing a hard reset.

Tempest790

Oct 3, 2004
Visit site
Mine is doing the same. Stuck at 0%, and the battery is draining fast. Very warm too.

Over 60% free on my phone, and I have a 128gb card that's also about 60% free.

Bad upgrade bug here. Sad thing is, I can't seem to cancel it.

Last edited:

JackBukin

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
Same issue with me here as well! Phone died within 7 hours from a full charge with little use as I was driving most of the day. Also felt very hot all day in my pocket and getting the low storage message come up repeatedly with only 6GB of the 29GB used.

j wirtz

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
phone was 100% charged this am
Warm in the pocket today
Nearly dead after less than 12 hours use
getting low storage warning with 23 gigs of space on phone (let alone I put a 128 SDHC card in too!)

my phone also is buggy on texts from time to time and tune in wasn't working very well past few days.

I'd like to be in on the solution so added my comment to the thread

jason twin cities MN

John Frey

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
same stared to download it around 3pm today my phone was hot all day opened it up after work ( 4 hours later) still at 0% with 28gs left)

J4M3S0N79

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
Update (but don't get too excited) I did a reset of the phone, restored my backup from last night, updated apps and am trying again. no storage issue this time but update still at 0%.
Unlocked 950 (Dual sim) on TMO.

JackBukin

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
Anyone else having problems downloading apps when the low storage message is coming up? Failing to download anything from the store as well as the update.

TbouncerT

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Anyone else having problems downloading apps when the low storage message is coming up? Failing to download anything from the store as well as the update.

Same here nothing wants to download for me and it's still at 0% I had to turn off my phone, just crazy that it brought it down from 100% to 11% with minimal use from me.

bacardi1519

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
I was able to download an app from the store. No problems there. But everytime I restart my phone or attempt to install the update it notifies me of low storage. The exact message I get is "updates are available, but temporarily need 1.79 GB of space to download. Remove some things you don;t need right now and we'll try again.

I also got an error code the first time try I tried downloading it but longer have it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo