Low Storage Warning when Updating

botoru

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
My AT&T 950 doing the same thing - heating up a bunch, not running the update, (staying at 0%) - and I too have a lot of storage left. 25 gb free on the phone and 30gb free on my SD card.

Hope this gets fixed soon - before I saw this thread I thought it might be a physical defect and was considering going to the AT&T store to swap it out.

J4M3S0N79

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
Update #3. I changed my WiFi (VZ Jetpack...don't ask...)...and retried....success...full download, and the gears are turning. All indications are that it should work now.

To recap..after the first time it failed, battery and storage issue emerged.
Soft reset and restore of recent backup...phone came back near identical to it's last state.
Updated apps
Download update
- Attempt 1, 0%, we're having trouble with update download
- Attempt 2, stalled at 74% before the 'we're having trouble' message came up....it took 10 mins to get from 0 to 1%
- Attempt 3, changed WiFi, retry...success.

Happy hunting and good luck!

Patrick Elms

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. Went through update and got the low storage message even though I have plenty. Update was at 0% for a long time and the phone got really hot. Finally I got an error that there problems with the update and the 0x8024a206 error code. I don't have a recent backup to restore so I am leery of the soft restart an losing everything I have set up. At least the phone has stopped trying to update and is no longer burning up.

JackBukin

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
I've just done a backup and then hard reset (settings>system>about>reset) and when it booted back up everything was as it was before the reset i.e. texts, layout, colours, email accounts, bar a few apps to reinstall. Seems to have fixed the problem so far! No low storage message and the update is downloading!

Nubwy

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
No, I just tried it. Update,

I actually had to wipe my phone and do a fresh restore from scratch. Before that I actually tried to return this phone back to att but I'm three days past the window to do so. I really cannot stand the OS right now. Crashes, locks, tiles moving by themselves, battery heat and drain as well as this storage bug and update issue. I know all OS launches have at least some issues but seriously. This was irritating.

So, I'm forced to stick with it, so I've been able to update it and so far so good. I'm still with Windows, but 8.1 would be a better choice for this phone. 10 is still 6 months or a year early.

TbouncerT

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
No, I just tried it. Update,

I actually had to wipe my phone and do a fresh restore from scratch. Before that I actually tried to return this phone back to att but I'm three days past the window to do so. I really cannot stand the OS right now. Crashes, locks, tiles moving by themselves, battery heat and drain as well as this storage bug and update issue. I know all OS launches have at least some issues but seriously. This was irritating.

So, I'm forced to stick with it, so I've been able to update it and so far so good. I'm still with Windows, but 8.1 would be a better choice for this phone. 10 is still 6 months or a year early.

Stick with it man! it'll pay off in the end. I haven't had any issues with it until this update.

TbouncerT

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Changing WiFi worked for me. All I did was connect to a different WiFi and then went to check the update, nothing. After that I went back to WiFi and deleted the new one I connected to and it reconnected to my previous one and BAM it started working. Took a long time, but it worked.

DCProjMgr

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I got the same low storage message yesterday. After several attempts at the update, I did a hard reset. After going through the phone setup routine I downloaded the update with no problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon