Low Storage Warning when Updating

DLong4

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
FWIW, I was getting the storage error last night, too. Not sure if this fixed the issue, but I went into Settings/Storage and removed the SD card within settings, then shut down the phone and physically removed the SD card. I still got the storage error, but after what seemed like the 12th retry, the download started. Then I got the 0x802etc error right after the download finished and the installation started. Reboot, retry, and then it went well. I tried to keep the phone awake all through the download, not sure if that helped, too.

The newest OS is really fast, and very easy on the battery.

Ludaman64

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I am also having this issue. I have tried to soft reset and remove/add my home wifi network(this started on my work/school wifi).

"answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mobiledevices/forum/mdlumia-mdupdate/lumia-950-not-downloading-updates-low-storage/b18b045e-b245-46d4-ba20-1c178095dc81?page=4"

claudio nunez

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
I've reset my lumia 950xl and bingo download works and it's seams faster then before. Hope that I will nit required to reset every time an update cones out

evillama

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Seeing the same here. Low memory errors only using <8gb. Plus, phone's getting hot for no apparent reason.

Almost feel like I bought a cheap hoverboard...

evillama

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
...and not for nothin, but isn't this the type of thing you'd think "Fast Ring" and "Slow Ring" users would've experienced and reported, and gotten fixed before releasing to the masses (all 1.7% of us)?

Also, FWIW, I'm on AT&T...

Tempest790

Oct 3, 2004
Visit site
I tried the update again this morning ... and success. Not sure what that was about.

I wasn't doing hard resets or restores. Worse case scenario, this phone was going back.

A lot of posts in the Microsoft Community forums about this. The moderators are still trying to track down the issue. But, I'd say just let the phone rest to the next day and try again. Eventually it will install.

quincymac

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
I got the low storage notice while updating, as well. Fortunately, third time was the charm...was able to update without a hard reset this morning. Keep swinging, eventually it will go through...

evillama

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I may have found a workaround for the update issue: enable developer mode. That did the trick for me!
Just tried it - no joy. When checking for updates the phone keeps saying, "Your device is up to date. Last checked: Today, 10:28am" Even rebooted after enabling Dev Mode and still nuthin'.

dinkatoid

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Update - My phone eventually got a pop up saying that the sim settings had changed and it needed a reboot. I rebooted and the phone sat at 0% for a bit longer till it almost drained my battery completely. I plugged it in and left it while working and when I came back it started downloading and I had no more heat issues

KylePrince3

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
Mine was doing the same thing when I first got it and also wouldn't update any of my apps. I did a hard reset and all my apps updated, 10586.29 started downloading, and my phone didn't get hot anymore. Weird bug...

Patrick Elms

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
After getting all these same errors on my 950 yesterday, I let it rest overnight, did a soft reset (want to avoid hard reset if possible), and retried the update, which ran successfully. :) It took 45 minutes and the phone did get hot, but everything seems to be working fine now.

Hope MS learns from this and the next update goes much more smoothly.

Dangermouse7

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Also got an error code the first time I tried downloading the update. The code was 0x8024a206 if that's any help?
I got this same error as well

Edit: I ended up doing a factory reset and restore from Onedrive then went to bed. woke up in the morning and the update and all the store apps were installed.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Last edited:

Ray Will

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Same error, due to issues syncing with the Band, I was wanting to avoid doing a reset on the phone.
As previously suggested, I enabled Developer Mode. Update is currently downloading for me.:cool:

DjeTe

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Got the same problem. Let the phone be for a couple of hours in the mode "something went wrong, we'll will try later... " Then after a soft restart, everything went all fine, update took maybe 30 minutes with no problems att all.

rlshky

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Same issue. Sporadic warnings even though loads of space, phone went from full charge to dead in about 4 hours, being uncomfortably warm most of the time. Lumiahelp on twitter advised me to hard reset, that went wrong somehow and I've now got a phone with almost nothing in the apps list, no home screen, and when I try and access settings, it tells me I've not got the app to do that. Extremely frustrating. Just be careful if thinking of hard resetting your phone that you don't leave it in the same useless state mine is in.

If you haven't already fixed it, had that happen to me and used the volume button combo to hard reset again without going to settings and then phone has worked great since.

On topic: Had same "issue" 0% a while, hottest phones been (phone is never hot for me except during this update), and low storage notification... Even though got notification I just left the phone alone and it installed fine on its own after like 45 min.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss