Glance: Moving around

Paul Rye

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Is it normal for Glance to not move around on the 950?
Using it in "Always on" mode & noticed it's not moving around. Did on my 925.

RuleOfSines

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
It seems to be normal. I'm afraid to use the always-on feature now because of it. I like that feature but it seems like the stationary glance would burn the screen over time.

Paul Rye

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Damn. Must be a shortcoming of the memory display or something. Yeah had it on at work today (2nd day with the phone) & noticed it. Thought it was one of the notification icons or the power plugged in that was causing it. Hmm still going to use it though (must have feature).

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I would expect it to move around.

The fact it doesn't concerns me somewhat. I hope its intentional because maybe the display is magical and will never burn in, but hey, a guy can dream right?

Maybe since its so high-res it switches every other pixel over time.

marratj

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Seems to be a general issue with Windows 10. Also on my 1520 and 830 after Glance has been updated to the new W10 version, it doesn't move around anymore.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
You guys are lucky enough for having it working on your devices. Since the previous build there's no sign of improvement, it just won't turn on on my 640.

ericloewe

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
My guess is that "moving around" is a feature that didn't make release date and will arrive in an update.

Not having it moving around does make me nervous.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Won't leaving it always on give you significant battery drain? And aren't you guys worried about burn in?

since we're talking about OLED tech in the screens of these phones, power usage isn't a concern.

Burn in is though, which is why this thread is here for the most part.

Skyway

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
I have noticed the time and date are in a different location on my 950. It's usually at the bottom, but I've seen it at the top while plugged in a couple of times. It seems to stay at the bottom most of the time though.

Paul Rye

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I have noticed the time and date are in a different location on my 950. It's usually at the bottom, but I've seen it at the top while plugged in a couple of times. It seems to stay at the bottom most of the time though.

Yeah same. Mine just stays a the bottom. I can tell cos it sits in front of me at the desk at work.

L Beezy

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
On my 1520 with W10, it doesn't move. I usually allow the glance screen to stay on when charging--which is at night with night mode on, but now that it doesn't move, I've decided to turn that setting off. I believe it wasn't included with the Glance update with W10.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo