Can't get IRIS setup on 950

lzicc

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I cannot get the IRIS to setup. I get to the part where it says to look at the screen and nothing happens. Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

dozer167a

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
I cannot get the IRIS to setup. I get to the part where it says to look at the screen and nothing happens. Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Look directly at the wording Microsoft at the top of your L950, works 1st time for me.
Let me know how you get on.

lzicc

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Same thing. I held it for a bit and nothing changed. It's like it is stuck at that screen. It see's my eyes, but nothing happens.

dozer167a

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
Same thing. I held it for a bit and nothing changed. It's like it is stuck at that screen. It see's my eyes, but nothing happens.

Don't give in! Start again. Go into SIGN-IN OPTIONS and under Windows Hello (Beta) and directly under Improve recognition, click on Remove, and
start over. 1st double check you have a PIN setup, then go forward again. Things should work out for you, it's just about getting use to the quirks of windows 10 and these minor bugs / hiccups.

lzicc

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Did what you said and the same thing. I look at the screen, both eyes are visible. It just doesn't proceed from there.

lzicc

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
When I set the phone up, I did do a restore from my Icon. I hope that didn't affect this option. I did a hard reset last night due to update .29 not installing. When I set the phone back up, I did a restore and then installed the .29 update successfully, but the IRIS is still not working.

lzicc

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Let's say I do another hard reset to see if that will fix the IRIS. Will I have to reinstall the .29 update again? It took forever. If I don't do a restore this time, can I just restore my contacts and text?

dozer167a

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
No you won't have to reinstall the .29 update again, that's set now. Must say I was tempted to use a backup from my L1520 when originally setting up my L950, though glad I didn't as I've heard that those backup's may corrupt your installation on your new phone.
To be honest, this is just my thoughts on the matter, I would do a factory reset, and start a fresh. I know it's a pain in the butt, but it's probably the best way to go. Then once you have your phone set up how you like it, set your iris recognition up again, and see how you go from there. Good luck, and keep us all informed as to how you get on.

lzicc

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm doing a hard reset now. I'll skip the restore for now, but is there a way to restore after I have the phone setup? Mainly my contacts. I can always do a fresh install of the apps.

dozer167a

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
You can restore your contacts easily just through using and signing into your Microsoft account that holds your contacts. As for your Iris recognition issue, has any thing changed? Is it still freezing at the same point that you reported it as doing? How far are you from a Microsoft store?. Mentioned the latter just incase your phone is a lemon, you could easily get it replaced. Being a new phone on Windows 10 it's a learning experience, and I can only tell you what I've learn about the experience I've had with it on my L950. Think if giving it one more go at resetting iris recognition, and it again letting you down, I would consider returning it for a replacement.

lzicc

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
The only thing I can doing when I am staring into the screen is hit the cancel button or the back button. I should have to do anything more than looking at the screen with both eyes while setting this up, correct?

dozer167a

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
Yes, from what you have posted ypu have done every thing correct. So sorry buddy, it appears your precious L950 is definitely faulty, and as such should now be returned to Microsoft for a direct replacement. Bit of bad luck I guess, but a lemon may slip through quality control every now and again, no ones perfect. Hope you get your replacement soon buddy. Good Luck!

lzicc

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I swapped out the phone and the IRIS is now working. :)

Question on the OS Build. I went to do an update and there was no update available, but my version is 10.0.10589.0. The latest build should end in .29, correct?

dozer167a

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
Pleased you got the phone replaced.
Your correct .29 is the latest. The update WILL appear on your phone soon, don"t worry, Microsoft stagger the update a little so it does over stress out there server's. Just forget about it for now, and it'll appear soon I asure you.
Regards dozer167a

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos