Windows Phone 10 dot29 update

ricksutliffe

Dec 12, 2015
Visit site
I'm stuck. I have the same problem as many 950 users have. Update informed me that the .29 update was available for download. I attempted to download and got stuck at 0% for days. My battery would deplete in 3 or 4 hrs, the phone runs very hot, soft resets display a low memory warning and I can't get Store updates because they are all stuck at Pending.
It was suggested to try a Hard Reset, to not sign in with my Microsoft Account and then download the update. I encountered two problems with this solution. First the update was not available after the hard reset, but that is not the biggest problem, if you don't sign into your Microsoft account during the reboot process, you can not restore your data and settings. I would certainly appreciate help, if anyone has a solution.

BaritoneGuy

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
What I did was, make sure the phone was backed up, then do a hard reset. I did login using my MS account but did NOT restore a backup. Checked for the update which was there and installed it. Did a hard reset again and this time restored the backup from step one. Phone is now running great, cool and the battery life is excellent.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3