White 950 looks grey?

Paolo Ferrazza

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
first of all let me say that I'm very pleased with my 950, some bugs aside.
What has me worried is that the phone back is becoming grey and there is no way to clean it so it is not dirt.
Anyone having this problem? I really love the aesthetics of this phone but now it looks like it was years old and not some days old :(
Actually it is like if it is more grey where the Qi charging is attached, like if the glue is reacting to heat or something....

Last edited:

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
first of all let me say that I'm very pleased with my 950, some bugs aside.
What has me worried is that the phone back is becoming grey and there is no way to clean it so it is not dirt.
Anyone having this problem? I really love the aesthetics of this phone but now it looks like it was years old and not some days old :(
Actually it is like if it is more gray where the Qi charging is attached, like if the glue is reacting to heat or something....

That's quite unfortunate. Paste some photos?

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Apparently it's a problem with any shell that features a matte or textured finish. The Nexus 5X has the same problem. Of course, it's less obvious with other colors and the glossy surfaces of older Lumia phones are much less prone to this issue.

My own phone still looks clean after 3+ weeks, but I'll have to take a closer look. In any case, I'm planning on getting one of those Mozo shells. Whenever they're finally available.

Paolo Ferrazza

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Apparently it's a problem with any shell that features a matte or textured finish. The Nexus 5X has the same problem. Of course, it's less obvious with other colors and the glossy surfaces of older Lumia phones are much less prone to this issue.

My own phone still looks clean after 3+ weeks, but I'll have to take a closer look. In any case, I'm planning on getting one of those Mozo shells. Whenever they're finally available.

Planning on buying them too but this white one was very nice I was almost thinking of not buying the mozo case :(

My 930 was not glossy and it didn't have any problem, this is not acceptable, I'll go to the local MS assistance and see what they say.

Maybe the photo did not show how ugly it is I'll try another shot.

Paolo Ferrazza

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
http://1drv.ms/1NuZCzV

notice the greyish square under the "PureView ZEISS" for example.

I'm starting to think it could have something to do with the case I'm putting it into but I do not know what i could use to clean it. Even scratching with my nails does not make it white again so I really do not know if it could be dirt...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99