What, Microsoft just processed a refund for my Lumia 950? LOL

Steve WWW

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
I pre-ordered a Lumia 950 from the Canadian online Microsoft Store in October, and Microsoft charged my credit card and sent a UPS shipping confirmation in November. Microsoft then cancelled and refunded the order before UPS received it, and a store rep called me to re-instate the order. Microsoft later charged my card and shipped the phone via FedEx in early December, and it arrived last week. Today, I received an e-mail from Microsoft to say that they've processed a refund for my phone. The full price of the phone, with the correct order number from the device that I finally received.

Erm, thanks Microsoft! That's very generous of you? Certainly an unexpected and lovely holiday gesture.

Of course, I suspect that this is just another spot of confusion from the Microsoft ordering system. The refund notification says that it was made at my request, and I certainly did not request it. It made me chuckle, and I wanted to share the story. I would be very surprised if the order funds actually did make it back onto my card. What should I do if the refund goes through? I don't particularly want to send my Lumia 950 back after only recently switching from iPhone. I guess I should probably donate the money to malaria and clean drinking water causes.

seldzar

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Sigh, and yet there are others such as myself and SirMatt who can't seem to get them to send us a phone even though we ordered it a month ago.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven