I pre-ordered a Lumia 950 from the Canadian online Microsoft Store in October, and Microsoft charged my credit card and sent a UPS shipping confirmation in November. Microsoft then cancelled and refunded the order before UPS received it, and a store rep called me to re-instate the order. Microsoft later charged my card and shipped the phone via FedEx in early December, and it arrived last week. Today, I received an e-mail from Microsoft to say that they've processed a refund for my phone. The full price of the phone, with the correct order number from the device that I finally received.

Erm, thanks Microsoft! That's very generous of you? Certainly an unexpected and lovely holiday gesture.

Of course, I suspect that this is just another spot of confusion from the Microsoft ordering system. The refund notification says that it was made at my request, and I certainly did not request it. It made me chuckle, and I wanted to share the story. I would be very surprised if the order funds actually did make it back onto my card. What should I do if the refund goes through? I don't particularly want to send my Lumia 950 back after only recently switching from iPhone. I guess I should probably donate the money to malaria and clean drinking water causes.
    12-16-2015 12:33 AM
    You can always donate the money to me so that I can buy a L950 too for myself
    dozer167a likes this.
    12-16-2015 12:37 AM
    Sigh, and yet there are others such as myself and SirMatt who can't seem to get them to send us a phone even though we ordered it a month ago.
    12-16-2015 08:49 AM
    So, did you ever see a refund on your credit card?
    12-21-2015 10:47 AM