Lumia 950 signal strength issues/cell reception

middon

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Picked up a new Lumia 950 a couple of days ago. Replacing a Lumia 640 XL.

The signal strength for the Lumia 950 is much lower. While it doesn't drop calls people are hearing me drop in the middle of conversations for a few seconds. I called At&t and they advised me to just go pick up another phone/exchange. Maybe the phone I got was defective.

New phone, same issue. Lower signal strength and drops in the middle of conversations. And this is with the latest 10586.29 update. I had no issues installing on both phones and didn't see any errors.

My home doesn't get the best cell signal (950 is 1 to 2 bars. Other phones around 3). We use at&t because it's the only provider that gets us a signal. I've used a Lumia 830, 640 XL and they were both solid. There is also a iphone 6s living around here, no problems. Rare to have a dropped call.

Anyone else seen this issue? Since I work at home often this is deal breaker. I've had a MicroCell tower with Sprint a few years back and wasn't a big fan. And I would be buying one just for this phone which tells me it might be time to move to Android.

ZombieBacchus

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Hmm. I am seeing the same thing. I had a 640 and my reception was fine but on my 950 people are saying that I am breaking up as I talk. My data connection is also spotty from my desk at work where on the 640 it was very strong. Very frustrating.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss