Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
So any news? I'm pretty sure it can't be burn-in (takes years) so:
-phone needs replacement because it is defective
-there is some glitch with refresh

Omega Point

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
No sign of anything on my 950 now so whatever it is can fade completely, either because I used it a little less in the past day or because I rebooted the phone.

RuleOfSines

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I jus tried leaving my screen on for a bit, and after several minutes the buttons fade away to almost nothing. I'm not going to worry about it any further at this point.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Yeah that may be some refresh method. But remember there are areas you touch more often on phone and get dirty. You need a special cloth and wipe it down well. You can wet it slightly if needed. Those clothes don't wet easily anyways.

GizmoEV

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
What you are seeing could be persistence. I know the LED fluorescent replacement tubes I have had for the past 5 years glow for quite some time after turning them off. Maybe that is what is happening with the phone display and would explain why it can fade over time.

Tammybaggins

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
Having had a Lumia 735 for 12 months with an OLED display and using it heavily I haven't noticed any burn in or any degradation of the blue subpixels or any burn in. The display is still as perfect as the day I bought it.

Now using a 640 and have noticed some stuck pixels around the bottom corner also had this with my HTC 8S. So IPS LCDs are just as bad as OLED.

Paolo Ferrazza

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
It would be nice if the writers form this site investigated about this and about glance with Microsoft. I guess that glance could cause burn-in in ten years usage since it works at super low birghtness but it would be nice for Microsoft to tell us. I disabled always-on glance screen for now but I really liked it :( :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos