Yet again battery draining what do i need to do?

Tim Maggi

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Ive looked through this forum and read a lot of the ideas to try and fix this battery drain issue which seems to be a very common problem. I am now in the middle of my 3rd factory reset. So far each time itll work for a few days or so perfect. then out of nowhere, without warning or change in usage itll just start draining rapidly.Before starting this 3rd reset I sat here and looked at the battery screen and in less than 5 minutes it drained 5%. Also, I cannot download the new .29 build. It says downloading updates and won't move past 0%. I really love this phone and Windows OS but this battery drain is a HUGE issue. Especially with my long commute to and from work etc. I do factory work so dont' have an office to charge my phone in. I'm really regretting this purchase so far but trying my best to be optimistic about it. If it happens again I think I may sell this damn thing and just stick with the 1020.

i_hiker

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
The .29 build will hang for a while at 0% before you see progress. I seem to remember my update taking about 45 minutes to complete. Maybe the update will cure the battery drain. It seems to me there is something running in the background causing the drain.... Sorry, can't really shed any light there as I haven't had the batt drain issue.

LA6507a

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Are you using "Windows Hello", Facebook, or Twitter? Also, have you noticed the message "Resuming" on your screen with a black background? If yes, try uninstalling those apps temporarily (a couple of days) and disabling the Windows Hello feature (it is beat after all) and if you do see the "Resuming" message, use the task switcher to close the app and press the back button a few times (a la WP7.5) to make sure it is actually closed. Also, take a look at your Battery Saver options if the above options fail/don't work for you: set Batter Saver to 95% or set it to run all of the time and note your battery performance after that. That should tell you if it is an OS level problem or an offending app. I'd also look through the app list in Settings to see if any apps are set to run in the background.
Please keep us informed on your experiences here.

Tim Maggi

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I use facebook rarely. The facebook app for windows is garbage as it never updates the feed etc. But anyways, even with battery saver on it drains rapidly. On the way home tonight it was set to on, I had all of the apps set to off in the background except messaging. and it drained from 15% to completely dead in less than 20 minutes. I dont use windows hello, I use the pin code. What "resuming" message are you referring to!?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss