Settings ? System ? Messaging, and turn on Text backup not an option on my Lumia 950, what can I do?

Shleika Spencer

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Settings  > System  > Messaging, and turn on Text backup not an option on my Lumia 950

Can anyone assist me with this?
My newly purchased (yet going to be exchanged) 950 is glitchy at best; but I do not know why Settings  > System  > Messaging, and turn on Text backup is not showing as an option on my phone. The software is up to date.

I am swtiching back to the preferable windows 8.1 (Lumia 640) but I would like to have all the new texts that accumulated on the 950.

Does anyone know to backup new text messages or am I SOL.

I have to return the 950 back to AT&T by Friday, Dec 18 to avoid paying for something I will never use.

Please do not recommend doing a factory reset as I will lose what I am trying to maintain.

Thanks & Best,

joethegorilla

Mar 3, 2017
Visit site
I have had the 950 for 5 months or so and wasn't getting inbound calls and I wouldn't get inbound text messages until I was on a call and then they would come in as a batch. I am on Tmobile. I fixed this by backing up my phone to my Microsoft account and doing a "hard reset"

Everything works great now. All my text messages, emails, pictures, apps, were automatically re-installed once the reset was complete.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa