Lumia 950 ? Glance & SMS Backup Sync Issues

sleeve22

Banned
Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Hey,
Got my 950 on the 9th and loving it so far. I am having 2 minor issues, and I have now since did a hard reset 3 times and these things still prevail.
1. I can?t get my messaging history to sync. After hard resets it would bring back some of the messages but only going back as far as Dec 8th.
2. Glance does not move. Just stays put. I am afraid to leave it on to avoid screen burn-in.
Has anyone found a workaround of either of these? I?ve done a hard reset 3 times now and doesn?t seem to do anything. I am getting amazing battery life and no heat except minimally when charging. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I can?t express enough how much the 950 far exceeded my expectations. I never thought I would find a true upgrade from the 920.
Do you think just wait it out, or I was thinking of reloading the OS using the recovery tool?

EMitchell

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
For the glance screen, this has been discussed, the jury is out on the magnitude of burn-in with the 950 display, but the glance is in a static position. I'm hoping that a future release from MS fixes this.

Paolo Ferrazza

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
I just hope that it does not burn-in, we have two years warranty anyway so they have time to make it move :)
I guess the super low brightness of the pixels in glance mode won't affect them much but I'd prefer for it to move araound just to be sure...

sleeve22

Banned
Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. As for glance, I think I will keep it off for now to be safe and hope we’ll get an update for it soon.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon