Why won't my Lumia 950 update and the battery dying super fast?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

why won't lumia 950 update and battery dying super fast

My lumia 950 is stuck at 0% for the recent os update plus it won't let me download any apps or update any in the app store. I have already tried taking battery out and resetting the phone nothing seems to work.
Another problem that just started about 3 days ago is my battery dies super fast I have to charge at least 3 times a day and I hardly use it.

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
Re: why won't lumia 950 update and battery dying super fast

I have exactly same issue.
App update or new download is not working.
I have 26 apps on waiting list, but download bar won't just start moving.

I was able to download okay 2 days ago.

OS update is stuck as well.

Battery drains like madman.
Losing 60% in 4 hrs.

tpmotorsportsllc

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site

Microsoft is aware of the issue and offered a full refund yesterday while at my local Microsoft Store. I don't want a refund, just a phone that works...lol

I did the hard reset yesterday and immediately went to phone updates and downloaded .29 successfully. Today no issue and less than 50% battery drain after a full day of use and no heat, no low memory messages, etc.

fmonper1

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
Signed up to find a solution, I've had the lumia 950 for two days and I'm unable to download apps or update the ones I have.

The phone heats up to the point of being uncomfortable and the battery is a joke.

I did a hard reset today and nothing changed, I am unable to connect to internet through wifi too.

Should I return it and get a replacement?

invisik

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

Mine was doing that too... I think it's constantly trying to download .23 and it's killing the battery. I turned on my windows insider app and was able to download .32 (or whatever it is) and now the phone is fine as well.

Hang in there until they get that update it to everyone.....

-m

Dragon Queen

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
ya I finally got the update Sunday or Saturday nite, all the updates for apps came thru and I had it off the charger most of the day and about half battery left. For the 5-6 days before that lose half my battery in a couple hours and always hot. I did actually try to play some graphic games to see how warm it would get, never even got it as warm as it was just sitting for the awful days.

sendaibob

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
Try the hard reset. I was having your exact issues. Go to settings/system/about. At the very bottom of the page it will say "reset your phone" It will erase everything, but restore your phone. After I did this, it updated and works normally again.

Kris_Hristov

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site

Make sure your Microsoft account is verified!
Go to Settings -> Accounts -> Sync your settings
Under the password toggle you might have a "Verify" link
Complete the verification process and your updates will continue normally.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb