Mail app on 950

jayramphone

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Is it normal for the mail app on W10 to render emails so poorly?
Unless its a text email, the rendering on my phone is pretty much unreadable - incorrect fonts, text sizing, images misaligned etc.. looks like a 3 year old has tried to write css!

obakir

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
html formatting in email is terrible. much worse than 8.1, which was only ok. also the live tile unread email count, only keeps on increasing :) I unpined/pinned it several times. Lumia 950, dual-sim, US unlocked, with os update .29.

RonnieJP

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Windows Phone 8.1 was a lot better at rendering HTML emails since it used IE as the rendering engine. Windows 10 mobile uses Word. Unfortunately, not everyone at Microsoft thinks this is a problem. Have look at a snipped screenshot of this unbelievable post from a MS Windows forum.:

Capture.JPG

olivermills6

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Damn, that's bad. But I'm happy to know it's not just me experiencing frustration, I'm sure we can get some traction.

Also I posted a similar question on MS Answers and all I got was "try a soft reset". "try a hard reset".

obakir

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
live tile unread email count bug was fixed with the .29 update. but somehow it started again. I tried to unpin, pin the email from the start screen. No luck, keeps on counting up.

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Damn, that's bad. But I'm happy to know it's not just me experiencing frustration, I'm sure we can get some traction.

Also I posted a similar question on MS Answers and all I got was "try a soft reset". "try a hard reset".

Those customer service guys not nothing else than reboot, hard reset :)))

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
I wonder was it so hard for MS to implement an option to chose between word and html format rendering? Seems so...How can someone from MS say that this is not an issue :)))

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon