Apps Status on 950

jayramphone

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
I was looking for a thread on apps for this phone... as I have experienced some apps from the store that are not available for this device. Couldn't find a definitive 950 apps status thread...

I wanted to kick off with tunein radio. not available for this device according to the store message I am getting. Does anyone have this working on a 950? gutted about this one as I have a premium subscription to it and listen for about 5 hrs a day. I do hope they sort this one out quickly as it was supposed to be a universal W10 app!

What other apps are not compatible with the 950?

KimRM

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
Tunein should be available. I had it recently, but deleted it since they messed up the localisation for my language on that app.

Edit:
I see now that it's not available for phones. Strange... I bet they pulled it temporarly because of problems, maybe the one I had, will probably be back again soon.

jayramphone

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Tunein should be available. I had it recently, but deleted it since they messed up the localisation for my language on that app.

Edit:
I see now that it's not available for phones. Strange... I bet they pulled it temporarly because of problems, maybe the one I had, will probably be back again soon.

Yeah there were posts on various forums saying that it was in use on phones - so they must have pulled it recently... I do hope it is back in the store soon.

KimRM

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
I have all the apps that I need for my 950. Can't think of any apps that are not available that I need. My only complaint is that Shazam won't work.. It worked crazy good on my 830, but won't for the life of it work on my 950. Anyone else having the same problem?

ncharlt

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Go into library in the store, find your old WP7/8 version of the app and install that. Works fine until they finish the universal app.

Paul Duncan1

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Tunein Radio is STILL not available for the 950.

No one should be surprised by stories like this. This is the third reboot for "Windows" phones. I'm sure that companies are getting pretty tired of re-writing their aps for a platform that holds 2% of the market int he US, 3% in the world and that is likely going to be dead sooner than later.

It's the reason I no longer use my 1020 as a daily phone. Works great as a camera.

Zeem Frostmaw

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
If cortana's music search is available in your region. Open cortana and click the musical notes in the upper right of the screen. She will start listening to the music. Alternatively, you can use a voice command like, "What is this song?"

Thanks. I notice the music notes only appear once she's 'Listening'. That threw me off.

TheChazas

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
Apps seem start to grow for Windows, besides I have all I need at the moment, there is no need for quantity, hundreds and hundreds of the same. And to be honest actually, so called "lack of apps" is the remains of echo from past few years.

Last edited:

andyey

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I was having the same problem...someone found a work-around: Open Shazam, click on Listen, it will spin and not find anything, put the phone to sleep using the hardware button, wait a few seconds, , turn the phone back on, Shazam should still be running. Click on Listen again and it should work. #ANNOYING

nospherato

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem... Doesn't matter if I try to use Shazam oder Soundhound... Both seem not to find a track (Soundhound did once, but never again).

CraigCole

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem... Doesn't matter if I try to use Shazam oder Soundhound... Both seem not to find a track (Soundhound did once, but never again).

Same here. Neither Shazam nor Soundhound ever worked when I tried them ... It's like they couldn't access the handset's microphone. *Sigh* it's just another Windows 10 Mobile failure.

nospherato

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
The workaround posted by andyey is working... but as cortana has a build-in music recognition I deleted shazam completely and only use cortana.
It's working fine, so no problem for me.
(Simply open cortana, turn on "listening" mode and you will see a little "music icon" in your upper right corner, press it or tell cortana "what song is playing right now".)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12