Pictures taken with the 950 are disappointing :(

Ron MIkhail

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site
hi to all..

sorry its my first time to post..
im just want to ask you why my pictures are so ugly in compare to the pictures that they showed on the conference.. like they were showing a pictures and then they just zoom in and u could see all the perfect details...i was very impressed by these pictures thats why i bought my lumia 950..but when i tried to snap some pictures myself..well..they are NOT LIKE THOSE PICTURES...
i take the pictures on my lumia 950 and when i look at them they are little bit blurred..if i zoom in man they are ugly as hell i can see all the pixels..i dont know if its me but i CANT see the same results that they showed in that event...im very frustrated (i even thought to give my lumia 950 back) cuz having a lumia 1020 i was used to see cool pictures..now that i have this lumia 950 i feel like i made a step backward instead of forward...in the camera deparment..
please help me to understand what is going on... thank you..have a good day everyone...and sorry if its a stupid thread

KrisYYC

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Any chance you could post some samples? Perhaps there's a problem with the lens or something on your unit. I went from a 1020 to a 950 and I have seen an improvement especially with night photos.

EMitchell

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
There are a couple of settings on the camera that are enabled by default. If you go to the ... and pick settings in the camera app, there is one setting "Capture living images". I'd suggest turning this off. And from the main camera screen, in the little charms bar, there is a setting for Rich Capture, try turning this off as well. Then take some pictures and see if the quality is better. By turning these two features off, the quality of my pictures improved a lot.

downup

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem with my xl. And every image with flash gets super red eyes. But some pictures turns out amazing.

Ron MIkhail

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site
and the camera loves to take some blurry images...even with the flash on...and in that conference they were advertising NON BLURRED photos in compare to their competitors (s6)

Bokisa4444

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
Its called marketing, nothing new, there is no quality in this era only quantity....Thats what i experienced when i took mine 925....

Ron MIkhail

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site
well..im disappointed then..everyone is saying that the camera is super awesome..well it is not then..coming from a 1020 i used to crop my pictures..now i really cant even look at zoom in pictures for they are too ugly..and blurry photos..the subject has to be still like a statue..

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Samples please, both jpeg and raw files.

Given your post count you might need to upload them onto a cloud sharing site :).

Or alternatively you can just attach it to your post, it will show at the bottom of your post but not within the post it self.

Slovenix

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Could you try other Camera app like ProShot if there is any difference?

When I try to take real pics I use ProShot, as Windows Camera is pixelated when zooming in most of the time. Lumia 830

Last edited:

ClixT

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
You probably have a faulty unit, but lot of things can cause a blurry image... I agree with Con. Pics are amazing..

WP_20151220_17_03_20_Pro.jpg

Witness

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
The way the camera on these phones work is that it will bias on a longer shutter speed. This allows more captured light at the expense of the blurriness from hand movement. The optical image stabilizer helps, but it is only so effective. Hold steady and shoot. Here's my shot from last night - it is a screenshot of the shot.

Screenshot 3.JPG

rurik

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
No camera problems here. I have, however, noticed that if you send picture from within the facebook chat application, they end up being pixelated (corny) at the receivers end. I don't have that problem on my Lumia 920.

adrian1338

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
One problem with pictures is that some people believe the better the camera the better the picture.. sometimes even the best camera cant make a good photographer out of everyone

Ygglens

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

My 1020 took better pics then that. I'm pretty disappointed with the camera on my 950... It's not at all like what they marketed, where you could zoom in and se the litle hairs on peoples skin etc... You could, however, do that on the 1020.
Thinking about returning the 950, and just keep the 1020 for another year.

jantila

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
Photographing has been my hobby for what, more than 30 years? 950 is the best all-round mobile snapper I've ever had. I would still pick 1020 for some landscape photos or crops (thanks to sensor) or 808 for more natural colors. Or Sony for focusing speed. Some cam apps may be great for iOS. But overall, everything combined, 950 is the best right now at least for my own use.

Sure there are limitations and no phone cam can match SLR's or the better compact cameras yet, especially when shooting moving objects, in low light, flash etc. But it's amazing how good the best phone cams are already in every day use.

Slovenix

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Please someone try alternative camera like ProShot, thought official W10 app is still in the works as confirmed. I still think the picture quality being lower than expected is solely based On Windows Camera algorithm. Lumia Camera is by far still better. I cant speak for 950s, but my 830 sucks so bad I just want to revert back to 8.1 for Lumia Camera.

KimRM

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
To get that level of details you need lots of light. Are you sure you have tested the camera in bright daylight?
Anyways, the 1020 has twice the MP.. Of course it will be able to zoom in on details a lot better than the 950.

Also try to adjust the ISO manually.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss