Pictures taken with the 950 are disappointing :(

cracgor

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
This a picture of one of my cats. Indoors, low light, flash on, rich capture on, Windows Camera. Shutter speed 1/10, f/1,9, ISO 250.

View attachment 119248

This is a crop of her left eye. Mark the little hair in the corner of her eye. This picture is a full crop. So it has not been downsized.

View attachment 119247

Maybe the 1020 is even better but this seems pretty good to me.

Just like that I stole your cat's iris...no longer secure! Also, the 1020 would have allowed you to see the individual rods and cones on the retina. I can't even see the retina in this picture.

KrisYYC

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Photographing has been my hobby for what, more than 30 years? 950 is the best all-round mobile snapper I've ever had. I would still pick 1020 for some landscape photos or crops (thanks to sensor) or 808 for more natural colors. Or Sony for focusing speed. Some cam apps may be great for iOS. But overall, everything combined, 950 is the best right now at least for my own use.

Sure there are limitations and no phone cam can match SLR's or the better compact cameras yet, especially when shooting moving objects, in low light, flash etc. But it's amazing how good the best phone cams are already in every day use.

This has been my experience as well. My 1020 took amazing photos of landscapes and of course is better for crops, but my 950's speed and low-light performance beat my 1020. My 950 is easily the best "all around" camera in a phone I've ever had. I haven't had a chance to really compare full-res daylight samples between my 1020 and 950 so I'm not sure there's even much of a difference between the two. Low-light my 950 wins hands down.

InsGadget

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
This has been my experience as well. My 1020 took amazing photos of landscapes and of course is better for crops, but my 950's speed and low-light performance beat my 1020. My 950 is easily the best "all around" camera in a phone I've ever had. I haven't had a chance to really compare full-res daylight samples between my 1020 and 950 so I'm not sure there's even much of a difference between the two. Low-light my 950 wins hands down.

Exactly the same experience.

InsGadget

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
Everyone go here to compare the 950 with the 1020 and the 930. Look at the 12MP downsampled images, really, look at whatever you want: the 950 wins. Obviously the 1020 has a larger sensor and more megapixels, but it also has an Oreo-sized camera bump that most of us don't want to deal with.

Photo Compare Tool - GSMArena.com

tfn

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I personally don't like that almost most pictures taken with this camera end up with red eye so its really crap for indoor low light shooting conditions as is.. unless I find a work around...

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
I personally don't like that almost most pictures taken with this camera end up with red eye so its really crap for indoor low light shooting conditions as is.. unless I find a work around...

My dear friend,
Even if you use any of the best DSLR in the market, a low light shot will have red eye if the certain settings are not right. You must check the distance of the camera from the subject.

The best way is to avoid flash as much as possible. If using flash, keep phone at a convenient distance from the subject.

Just the 2 cents I know abt photography. Might be the gurus here can pitch in.

Axel Becher

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
Yes, low light is a winner with the 950, togeter with Macro. BUT:
the Camera-App ruins most of the other shots, all of them are uglified with over-compression, in sunlight the colors are unacceptably exaggerated. I've done a little comparision between the 950 and the mighty 808 (what is still my daily shooter as I returned the 950 in the meantime):
[since I do not have enough posts you have to copy & paste in the browser]
808vs950.blogspot.de

michael sulisz

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
hi to all..

sorry its my first time to post..
im just want to ask you why my pictures are so ugly in compare to the pictures that they showed on the conference.. like they were showing a pictures and then they just zoom in and u could see all the perfect details...i was very impressed by these pictures thats why i bought my lumia 950..but when i tried to snap some pictures myself..well..they are NOT LIKE THOSE PICTURES...
i take the pictures on my lumia 950 and when i look at them they are little bit blurred..if i zoom in man they are ugly as hell i can see all the pixels..i dont know if its me but i CANT see the same results that they showed in that event...im very frustrated (i even thought to give my lumia 950 back) cuz having a lumia 1020 i was used to see cool pictures..now that i have this lumia 950 i feel like i made a step backward instead of forward...in the camera deparment..
please help me to understand what is going on... thank you..have a good day everyone...and sorry if its a stupid thread

gumbedamit

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I think the problem is, he just wants to bash Windows phone. I have the 950 and it takes incredible pictures with the standard camera app. When I was starting out as a photographer, went for an interview to get a gig. I have my book with me and the guy next to me didn't. I got the job, the other guy was told, "You can't talk a good picture". Why has this guy who's been complaining so badly post any pictures from his alleged 950?

mark McWilliams

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
Exactly I think alot of these people bashing windows and the 950s don't even have one. I have a 950 and the camera is amazing and never really had any problems with the camera

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss