Why does my phone think I'm in the card when I'm not?

EMitchell

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Automobile mode

I've got a new problem that started showing up a couple of days ago - at least I first noticed it then. For some reason, my phone thinks I'm in the car when I'm not. I actually received a query from the phone, asking if I wanted to turn on the auto text responses because I was in the car. I've shut the phone off and turned it back on, but I just noticed the car icon is now back at the top of the screen.

Any ideas?

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: Automobile mode

Is Bluetooth turned on? Driving mode may have inadvertently been setup with a Bluetooth device other than one in a car. If unable to turn it off in Driving mode open Bluetooth settings and delete paired devices that appear in Driving mode. Re-pair them without adding to Driving mode.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site

check settings and search driving mode.

you may have another device setup for it.... or the bluetooth in your car is continuously powered...

EMitchell

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for recommendations. I didn't realize there was a separate entry for BT devices under driving mode. There were two devices listed, my car and my Band2. The car was ready to spring into driving mode, maybe that was triggering erroneously. I'm not using the driving mode function, so I disabled both the car and the band, and will see if that makes a difference.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo