Receiving NFC Business Card on Lumia 950?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have my Business card details stored on an NFC tag, written and now edited and re-written using the NFC Interactor application.

When testing the tag, I receive the usual message "Receive content? Someone is sharing a contact with you.", accompanied with the accept / ignore buttons. When I press the Accept  button, the window closes, but the contact data doesn't seem to appear on the screen or go anywhere.

With my previous Lumia 925, the accept command opened the business card and allowed to store the data on the Contacts. On the other hand, reading the tag with the NFC Interactor app displays the data correctly.

So, apparently the Lumia 950 (OS Version 10.0.10586.29) can read and recognize a business card tag, but fails to bring the tag contents to the Contacts app.

adrian1338

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
For NFC to work properly you have to wait 5 years until Apple finally decides how great NFC is and all sorts of things you can do with it. Microsoft than realizes they actually have that technology for ages but never thought about using it and will work on proper implementation of NFC

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon