Alarm Clock not ringing anymore

Paul Tram

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
The alarm clock on my L950 was ringing as expected when I first bought the phone.

Then I ran into the battery drain and low storage warning that was part of the botched .29 upgrade. I eventually did a hard reset and the revised(?) .29 upgrade automatically (and successfully) installed itself.

Since then my alarm has not rung once. Or rather, when the phone's screen is off (like when I am asleep), then the alarm will not go off. Instead, there is a useless notification about it. On the other hand, if my phone is in use at the time of a scheduled alarm only THEN will the alarm ring.

I have scoured the other threads but have not seen a new post since 12/10. Does someone post a fix that I did not see?

EMitchell

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I just had an update to the Clock / Alarm app today, I'm curious if that will fix your problem. So far, I've been lucky, no problems with the alarm. But I'm concerned now, I need to wake up at 4:00am tomorrow morning, I can't miss it, sure hope the alarm works.

zei20t

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
the update fixed my wifes phone, she was having issues where the alarms would never go off.

she was up early this morning!

mikeharden

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I just had an update to the Clock / Alarm app today, I'm curious if that will fix your problem. So far, I've been lucky, no problems with the alarm. But I'm concerned now, I need to wake up at 4:00am tomorrow morning, I can't miss it, sure hope the alarm works.

Did it work?

zei20t

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
youve checked the notifications etc? make sure the alarms app can run the background?

you may have inadvertently disabled the alerting somewhere.

Jonnie LasVegas

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Figured out my problem. I had turned off notifications appearing on the lock screen, thinking I had turned on the option to keep them private on the lock screen. Had a dumb moment.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99