Who has picked up a Mozo case?

Josh Harman

Banned
Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Very.

Got the brown leather on my 950 and it looks amazing.

I've been really surprised how well the leather and faux metal band have resisted wear. I expected at least some darkening of the leather in the spots that my fingers alway are, but there's none. The leather does seem a little darker that when I first got it but it is completely uniform across the entire back.

The band looks exactly as it did when I got it almost a month ago.

The leather back does add a noticeable weight compared to the factory back, but it's negligible because the phone is so light. I can't compare the difference between the two much because I only had the factory cover on for one or two days.

I don't know if anyone has had problems with the 950 and the cover being slightly loose (I know many did with the 950 XL) mine was/is tight with both covers - my Mozo cover couldn't be any more snug.

MirthRock

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Very.

Got the brown leather on my 950 and it looks amazing.

I've been really surprised how well the leather and faux metal band have resisted wear. I expected at least some darkening of the leather in the spots that my fingers alway are, but there's none. The leather does seem a little darker that when I first got it but it is completely uniform across the entire back.

The band looks exactly as it did when I got it almost a month ago.

The leather back does add a noticeable weight compared to the factory back, but it's negligible because the phone is so light. I can't compare the difference between the two much because I only had the factory cover on for one or two days.

I don't know if anyone has had problems with the 950 and the cover being slightly loose (I know many did with the 950 XL) mine was/is tight with both covers - my Mozo cover couldn't be any more snug.

Just to be clear, this is only the back cover, right? Does it provide any extra protection like a lip around the screen or anything like that?

jayramphone

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
I have the white one - just got it and it looks really amazing.
It also adds sturdiness to the phone (the creakes of the plastic stock cover are gone).

I got mine from Amazon - last one in stock.

i also have the black one on order from mobilefun and I notced today that the red one is in stock on mobilefun also.

Joel Earnest

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
No lip, but I agree with everything Josh wrote.
Another positive is that the buttons are slightly higher--half a millimeter maybe?. Coming from a 1020, and before that an 820, I had to fumble a bit to push the buttons at times on the stock back cover. They just aren't quite as high as on my old phones.

manicottiK

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I have the white one - just got it and it looks really amazing.
I also have the white one and am going to post it on the Marketplace forum later tonight.

I came to the 950 indirectly, first buying a 950 XL and ordering a Mozo case for it. The XL screen was just a bit too big for me, so I swapped it for the 950. Since the Mobilefun order hadn't yet shipped, I had them change the order to the 950 cover. It arrived on Monday. Unfortunately, the Mozo cover accentuates one of the cosmetic things that made me initially choose the XL (i.e., I don't like having the flash cutout separate from the camera cutout). Also, despite what almost everyone else says, the chrome trim makes the device look and feel "cheap" to me.

For what it's worth, my other 950 gripes are that it has a slightly-raised ridge around the screen (that the XL does not have) and that the sides of the back cover are not flush with the sides of front part of the phone (as it is on the XL). I don't understand why the two models aren't more identical, except for size.

jayramphone

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
I also have the white one and am going to post it on the Marketplace forum later tonight.

I came to the 950 indirectly, first buying a 950 XL and ordering a Mozo case for it. The XL screen was just a bit too big for me, so I swapped it for the 950. Since the Mobilefun order hadn't yet shipped, I had them change the order to the 950 cover. It arrived on Monday. Unfortunately, the Mozo cover accentuates one of the cosmetic things that made me initially choose the XL (i.e., I don't like having the flash cutout separate from the camera cutout). Also, despite what almost everyone else says, the chrome trim makes the device look and feel "cheap" to me.

For what it's worth, my other 950 gripes are that it has a slightly-raised ridge around the screen (that the XL does not have) and that the sides of the back cover are not flush with the sides of front part of the phone (as it is on the XL). I don't understand why the two models aren't more identical, except for size.

To each their own I suppose... i love the chrome trim (though it would be better if it was actually metal). My favourite looking phone ever was the iphone 4 and this cover makes the phone look like a bigger version in some ways. I thin its what the iphone 5/6 should have looked like! Still, everyone has different tastes.

jeetu4444

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I purchased the red leather with gold rim for my lumia 950...
But i got a defective piece...the cover had nfc strip missing...
So i have asked for a replacement...disappointed with mozos quality check.. How can they ship a cover without checking it properly...
Thou i like the quality of leather and case

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

InsGadget

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
I have the black leather back replacement, it actually only adds two grams to the weight, not as much as I thought. Phone still feels light. Wish the leather was rougher, to provide some slip resistance. Also wish these used real metal or something else more solid on the sides, as the paint chips easily if you drop the phone.

seventeenapg

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Does any one with the mozo cover for XL know if they have moved the QI plate down so old QI chargers work? Neither my CR200 or my 900 works with my XL :(

It might not be a Mozo fault. My CR 201 will not charge my L950 with the std back plate. It starts to charge then stops then starts and stops again. I think it is a firmware or OS issue really. I am on 15452.59014 firmware.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I have a 950XL with a Mozo case. I found that by placing the phone a little higher up on the charger, so the camera ring isn't lifting the phone off the surface, works much better.

robert peake

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
got mine and its going on ebay, for what i paid for it i feel i have been mugged lol. honestly its ok but i dont know what iw as expecting for the money. it looks good but i prfer the plastic case, it feels thinner and lighter with it. I also had the issue with the charginf tab in the back of the case, i kep tthe packaging and its not fallen in there which is what i originally thought, again with that sort of money you would be hoping that they wuality check everything that is sent out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos