Lumia 950 camera shutting down: Something Went wrong, make sure your camera is connected.

MikeJezZ

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys,

I just got my Lumia 950, opened it, and updated it to OS 10.0.10586.29 .

The autofocus seems weird. It does auto focus alot, sometimes it takes the photo while it is really blurred with autofocus. It does that when theres not THAT much light.

I also tried that the camera crashed at some point, then when I wanted to open the camera app it said "Something went wrong, make sure your camera is connected, and its not in use by some other app."

Restarting the phone helped, and the camera works again. It does lag sometimes though.

Is this a software or hardware fault? Should I be concerned unless it pops up again?

Last edited:

Nergard

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
I have had the same problem with the camera but it only happened a few times and I don't think I have had the issue since updating to build .29. However, I do get the "Saving..." message popping up if I try to take more than 6 pictures withing 30 seconds even though it is saving to internal storage and not a SD card.

tfn

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Have you checked for any camera updates manually Store>downloads and updates >check for updates

I also find the autofocus a bit crap only option to tap on the screen where you want it to focus.

Also make sure you close any other applications when using camera.

Tunno79

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I have had the same problem with the camera but it only happened a few times and I don't think I have had the issue since updating to build .29. However, I do get the "Saving..." message popping up if I try to take more than 6 pictures withing 30 seconds even though it is saving to internal storage and not a SD card.

I have this issue also, however I am using an SD card. The SD card is a Samsung Pro Plus 64 GB with an advertised 95 MB/s read and 90MB/s write speed which should be more than enough speed. It can be very frustrating especially when you want quick shots, like your kid meeting Santa Claus and the camera locks up saying "Saving"

I am a huge windows phone fan and I have invested a lot of money over the years in this eco system but when I seen my wife using her 6s without any of these problems I begin to question my commitment...

Oxmo

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Same problem, started on my Lumia 950 today. Never had camera problems before. I did try to update Camera app in store, but there was no update. It can not be uninstalled or reinstalled for what I did find out. Did try to restart and soft restart, it did nothing for my phone. Do we have to wait for an update before it can be used once again? The camera do work with Skype, Facbook and other apps.

FourT2

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
I had the camera crash on me yesterday, when I needed it most. I am on .36. Good thing I am carrying a backup Android device with me at all times now, so that I can at least reliably take photos in cases like this, and use mobile hotspot (still broken).

anon(9223041)

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
Must say i have same problem with my Lumia 950, "Something went wrong, make sure your camera is connected and it is not in use by some other app", tried everything, nothing helped me, any body will know how to re flash the rom earlier v, what was released during Christmas 2015 or so, read it, that this rom update fixed that issue, but that I have currently installed 01078.00038.16025.39019. The phone game with that, actually really frustrating.

Last edited:

DLong4

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
I experienced this error, too, after the most recent OS update (14267.1004).

Perhaps related to the "Something went wrong" camera issue, I happened to look to turn on my Flashlight up in the shortcuts when I had needed it, and the place where the Flashlight icon normally resides was blank, as if the OS saw no hardware at all (camera and flash). After a soft reboot the Flashlight icon re-appeared, and the camera became operational again.

anon(9223041)

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
I experienced this error, too, after the most recent OS update (14267.1004).

Perhaps related to the "Something went wrong" camera issue, I happened to look to turn on my Flashlight up in the shortcuts when I had needed it, and the place where the Flashlight icon normally resides was blank, as if the OS saw no hardware at all (camera and flash). After a soft reboot the Flashlight icon re-appeared, and the camera became operational again.

Ok, I'll give it try

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos