Using the 950: quite a few questions..can I get some help?

jjsm

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site
using the 950: quite a few questions...

(1) how to set one of the songs i have imported into the phone (950 unlocked) as ringtone. i previously got the answer of settings / system / notifications & actions or phone. no option on either. going to settings / personalization / sounds does not work either. i have even put the song / songs on the ringtones folder as viewed from file explorer / this device, but still CANNOT set the song as ring back tone.

(2) can't synch itunes to my phone. use to be able to do this by using the windows phone app (by microsoft) for mac (osx) to synch to itunes and to import songs into the ringtones directory of my 930 / 1020 / 920 phones running on windows 8 and 8.1. the windows phone app for mac does not recognize my two unlocked 950s. and no app update on app store.

used to be so easy. now everything is harder.

(3) set up a few of my email accounts on imap on settings / accounts / your email accounts. after they are set up, they do not appear on the list of apps by swiping left from start screen. so cannot pin them to start. don't know how to get them to work, synch.

again, used to be so easy with the 930s. after set up, the email accounts appear on list of apps and then can be pinned to start if so desired.

also, don't know how to sing out from microsoft account and go to local. not easy to find...

dashrendar

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Re: using the 950: quite a few questions...

(1) how to set one of the songs i have imported into the phone (950 unlocked) as ringtone. i previously got the answer of settings / system / notifications & actions or phone. no option on either. going to settings / personalization / sounds does not work either. i have even put the song / songs on the ringtones folder as viewed from file explorer / this device, but still CANNOT set the song as ring back tone.

I can only address this one. This is weird. The same thing happened to me.

I had a Lumia 635 and my custom ringtones where in the Ringtones folder on the "This Device". When I got the 950, I copied the ringtones from "This Device" on the Lumia 635 to the SDCard. Took out the SDCard and placed it in the 950, then copied the ringtones to the Ringtones folder on "This Device" on the 950. However, I was never able to choose the ringtones. It was frustrating.

Then someone mentioned somewhere that they must be copied from the PC.

So I hooked up my 950 to my PC, moved the ringtones from my phone to the PC and then copied them back. This time, the phone picked the ringtones up and I was able to use them.

Weird.

OK, I just realized you were asking something else. How to set it up?
Settings > System > Notifications & actions
Scroll all the way down to the apps list.
Click on the app.
Toward the bottom there is a "Notification sound" with a drop-down menu.

That's how I set them.

Last edited:

William Sanderson

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
Re: using the 950: quite a few questions...

(2) can't synch itunes to my phone. use to be able to do this by using the windows phone app (by microsoft) for mac (osx) to synch to itunes and to import songs into the ringtones directory of my 930 / 1020 / 920 phones running on windows 8 and 8.1. the windows phone app for mac does not recognize my two unlocked 950s. and no app update on app store.

used to be so easy. now everything is harder.

(3) set up a few of my email accounts on imap on settings / accounts / your email accounts. after they are set up, they do not appear on the list of apps by swiping left from start screen. so cannot pin them to start. don't know how to get them to work, synch.

again, used to be so easy with the 930s. after set up, the email accounts appear on list of apps and then can be pinned to start if so desired.

also, don't know how to sing out from microsoft account and go to local. not easy to find...

What type of email are you trying to set up? Gmail, exchange, yahoo, AOL?
Any if these emails are set up by adding them in the account add wizard. Go to setting in the email app, select the appropriate account type, i.e., Gmail a d complete the username and password. If your account the is not listed use the other, then fill in username and password as requested. I added an AOL account with the other type and it worked, it takes a while to first sync up, so be patient.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss