Problem with my touchscreen

69Siko69

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site
Hello everyone :amaze:

I hope that you spend good end of year celebrations !

First, excuse my english, i'm French. I hope you will understand me :grincry:

I have a problem with my Touch screen ...

When i scroll quickly from top to bottom my screen swipe to left on the application list and vice versa.

I have make a video to show you what is the problem :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYLsZcaNmuc&feature=youtu.be

Does anyone have this problem too?
Do you have a solution?

I hope it's a software problem and not hardware problem ...

Thank you for your answers ! :)

Bye ! :eek:rly:

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Happens to me sometimes on a 920 with Windows 10, when scrolling one handed with my thumb only, never two handed. I think it's sensitive to slight arcing, curved motions of the thumb when the thumb is first pressed down or lifted.

It never happened with 8 or 8.1 on this same device, only with 10, which I think would rule out it being a hardware problem. 10 has been very sensitive and sometimes scrolls fast when slowly swiping up or down. Simply touching the right column tiles on the start screen also sometimes opens the app list screen, even without pressing all apps in lower right corner or swiping.

And happy holidays and new year to you as well!

jacknewp

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
My 950 does that too....but I think it's user error more than the phone (for me anyway). When I'm scrolling fast, I think my finger kind of angles to the left as I move down the screen thereby a swiping motion overrides the up & down motion. I try to keep the scroll motion a little slower & more straight up & down. Maybe future updates will address this touchscreen over sensitivity.

69Siko69

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site
Okay thank you for your answer.
I will wait for windows 10 update and i hope that will resolve my problem.

I'm a little affraid because i've do a hard reset but the bug is still here ...

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I have the problem as well. It's got to be a software issue, poorly calibrated touch sensitivity. Things improved somewhat with 10586.29 but it is still less than ideal.

Touch was so much better with WP8.1. It's galling that Microsoft could have botched something as basic as this with Windows 10.

69Siko69

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for your answer which reassure me.

I hope MS know this problem and is finding a solution ! :)

What I don't understand, is if that's a software problem, why it appear even after a hard reset ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99